Telecommunications Project Engineer
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
As Project Engineer, you will provide engineering support on a wide range of turnkey telecoms projects. Primary tasks include: systems design, preparation of engineering documents, testing and commissioning of telecoms systems. Working in collaboration with the Project Management group to ensure the effective delivery of projects and services to SI customers and with the Sales Group to ensure the effective delivery of technical consultation and estimates for bids and proposals.
* Compliance with Company policies, standards and regulations.
* Adherence with Company Values
* Operate within a virtual project team, lead engineer for a system or systems, liaise with other engineers and technicians during the lifecycle of a project.
* The detailed design, production of project documents & drawings, configuration, pre-FAT testing, and conduction of client witnessed FATs as required (PAGA, CCTV, ACS, Radio, LAN, WAN, SCS, IDS, etc.)
* Liaise with suppliers & third parties and assist the Project Management group to ensure the smooth and successful delivery of each Project on time and budget, ensuring that all agreed customer requirements are met.
* To travel and attend client kick-off meetings, project review meetings, and vendor / supplier FATs , as required
* Travel for site installation supervision, site commissioning and witnessing SATs, both onshore and offshore, as required.
* Support the RigNet Quality program within SI operations to uphold the highest quality standards.
* Ensure compliance and maintainability of an ISO certification across the SI organization performing appropriate gate checks to audit/monitor adherence to this program.
* Any other adhoc tasks
What you'll need
* HND level (or equivalent) in a relevant technical subject or extensive relevant experience
* Experience of an Operational Engineering environment required in the Telecommunication Industry
* Professional Accreditation such as Chartered Engineer, MIET or working towards these.
* Significant experience of Projects work
* Ability to communicate with people at all levels and participate in teamworking
* Capable of working under pressure and the ability to multi-task effectively both independently and within a team
* Flexible and willing to meet customer requirements
* This role is contingent on an upcoming award
What will help you on the job
* Experience with standard MS Office applications
* Travel may be required locally and internationally
* Travel to the office in Westhill, Aberdeen as and when required
* Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK