Aviation Maintenance Technician - SFO Airport
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
The primary function of the Maintenance Technician is to support Viasat’s customers at the SFO Airport while performing maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and return to service of the Viasat Broadband System onboard customer aircraft. This role will assure that all work performed is accomplished in accordance with all company, airline manuals. The skill and knowledge level for this position must be commercial aircraft systems, specifically electrical and avionics equipment troubleshooting and testing. Expect to work on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative and technical knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions.
What’s the day-to-day like for this candidate?
- Work collectively with Viasat’s Customer Support Center (CSC) and Planning.
- Ensure that all the required maintenance and preventative maintenance is being performed in accordance with all company, airline and FAA regulations.
- Assist in diagnostics checks on Viasat system installed onboard customer aircraft.
- Provide training of the Viasat system to maintenance vendors and airline personnel.
- Ensures all tooling and equipment required to maintain the Viasat system is available and up to date.
- Assist Line Maintenance Manager in the development of improved maintenance and preventative maintenance of the Viasat system.
- Mentors others to ensure they achieve a thorough working knowledge of Viasat systems.
- Provide feedback to vendors and airline partners regarding Viasat systems and provide solutions needed for areas for Continuous Improvement.
- May on occasion be sent on field maintenance calls
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
What you'll need
- Strong customer service experience assisting customers with the planning and executing of aircraft line maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Experience with documenting maintenance work with an emphasis on accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex technical material to a variety of audiences.
- Experience with creating strong relationships and collaborating with internal and external customers
- Strong track record of meeting deadlines and exceeding customer expectations.
- Fluent in English
- Must be located in Bay Area/San Francisco
- Airframe Certification
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- This is an FAA safety sensitive position. Participation in our Drug-Alcohol program is required.
What will help you on the job
- General FAA regulations knowledge and log book sign off
- Associates degree in related field preferred
FAA safety sensitive
This is an FAA safety sensitive position, which requires participation in our Drug-Alcohol program, including pre-employment testing and random testing. It is an essential function of the position that the employee meets the safety requirements of the FAA.
$32.62 - $51.59 / hourly
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.