Reporting to the RVP of Sales, the Sales Executive is the primary direct sales team member who works to prospect, manage and close new business opportunities for enterprise-wide PROS solutions with organizations across a variety of key strategic industries/verticals in the B2B space. Supporting the Sales Executive is a high-performance team of professionals from Sales Management, Legal, Finance, Revenue Operations, Marketing, Account Development, Pre-Sales Solutions Consulting, Professional Services, Research & Development and Customer Success.
A Day in the Life of the Sales Executive:
- Leads, develops, implements, and executes account strategies and directs activities needed to achieve sales objectives.
- Specifically identifies appropriate target customers in a defined geography and/or industry vertical.
- Accurately and consultatively articulates the value proposition of the PROS solution set to prospective customers at all levels Builds a solid and continuous sales pipeline to ensure delivery of sales targets, documenting all strategic activities within Salesforce.com.
- Manages client relationships, identifying influencers, recommendations, key decision makers and leads the sales process through to and including, negotiation.
- Forecast accurately.
- Leverages Sales Tools and wider organization to develop pipeline and winning sales strategies.
- Works internally with R&D, product marketing and others on positioning products, product development requirements and/or designing demos.
- Works with partners to extend reach and new opportunities.
Required Qualifications - About you:
We are looking for candidates who possess the rare combination of the following achievements, skills, and behaviors:
- You have proven experience. 10 years of Sales experience; 3-4 years of SaaS software sales experience.
- You're bright. Bachelor's Degree Required. Additional experience in lieu of required education will be considered. Education and/or experience in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Accounting, Marketing, Finance, or Operations Research considered a plus.
- You’ve already proven your sales expertise exceeding your quota for other SaaS-based technology solution providers. You’ve done this before but remain hungry and excited about doing it again with us. Experience with companies involved in pricing and revenue optimization, CPQ, SCM, software sales or CRM.
- You’re street smart. You’re the definition of a self-starter and a problem-solver. You’re resourceful and ruthlessly pragmatic. Self-starter with experience in pipeline development and executive client relationship building.
- You’re an open book. You communicate crisply. You go out of your way to be transparent in your actions and your words. You manage down, around, and up with the same enthusiasm and without playing politics. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You possess deep experience working with CRM tools (Salesforce.com strongly preferred).
- You have a global mindset, with a sensitivity to and willingness to work across cultures and time zones.
- You have the gravitas to lead a win team, leveraging the strengths and skills of the organization to deliver profitable business to the organization.
- Willing to travel from 20% up to 40%.
Skills & Personal Characteristics:
PROS culture and the truly extraordinary people who work here are at the very core of our success. We have a passion for what we do, and we won’t stop until we’ve delivered on our promises. We’re committed to the success of our customers. That’s why we think harder and dream bigger – so our customers can go even further than they ever imagined possible.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that has 30+ years of proven success with a long runway of more success.
Our people make PROS stand out from the rest. If you want to be a part of something truly extraordinary, come help us shape the future of how companies compete and win in their markets.
Most work activities are performed in an office or home-office environment and require little to moderate physical exertion. Work activities may require periods of extended hours, critical deadlines and stressful situations. To successfully complete the tasks of this position, individuals must be able to communicate clearly (in writing and orally), comprehend business terminology, interpret numerical data.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.