Manager of IT Operations (part time)
Molecule Software is a dynamic and fast-growing innovator in the commodities trading (CTRM/ETRM) software industry. Our enterprise SaaS product is a market leader in technology, usability, integrations and more.
We are looking to add a Manager of IT Operations to our Operations team. The candidate should be based in Houston and can work a mix of remote and in office hours. They will also support remote employees across the US.
The pay range for this contract position is $40-60 per hour. Expected hours are 10-20 per week, with a higher number during start up / training period.
The ideal candidate for this intermediate to senior level position will be detail oriented and ready to manage a small fleet of equipment and a large variety of cloud products and services. Molecule prefers to use emerging, leading edge software products, so the usual corporate apps like Microsoft and Oracle are not a focus. We also do not operate any servers apart from those for our own product, which are managed by the Engineering team, so this role does not require server admin.
- Manage company laptop program, including ordering, shipping/receiving, managing inventory, provisioning, deprovisioning, managing vendor contracts
- Set up and monitor security tools such as hard drive encryption and malware detection
- Manage SaaS program, including provisioning, deprovisioning, managing access tools like Okta
- Track software usage, licenses and spend – and make sure we are only using and paying for what we need
- Create tracking reports to support our SOC 1 and SOC 2 compliance
- Maintain IT policies and ensure employee compliance
- Be a resource to Molecule staff during onboarding, offboarding and regular business by giving guidance and helping to troubleshoot any hardware or software issues that may arise
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in IT Operations, such as computer set up, management and troubleshooting, including understanding of both Windows and Mac computer set up and software installation
- Obsessed with getting the details correct, so that everything runs smoothly and securely
- Strong analytical and mathematical thinking, including ability to work with spreadsheets for analysis
- Proactive, and willing to use your own initiative to move projects forward
- Team player, with a desire to learn, grow and contribute
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Python and SQL
- Experience administering Kubernetes clusters and/or Postgres databases
- Linux experience preferred
Characteristics of Success at Molecule
- You desire to be world-class at what you do
- You love creating order from chaos
- You're self-motivated, willing to work hard, and own problems from start to finish
- You love technology
- You're fun to be around
Molecule has an awesome benefits package—one that fits right in with the small company that we are.
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance (100% company-paid for employees)
- Life and AD&D (100% company-paid)
- No limit on paid vacation days (within reason; with approval)
- Sick time, as-you-need-it