Director, Domain Management and Compliance
Who we are.
Newfold Digital is a leading web technology company serving millions of customers globally. Our customers know us through our robust portfolio of brands. We have some of the industry's most prominent and storied go-to-market brands, including Bluehost, HostGator, Domain.com, Markmonitor, Network Solutions, Register.com and Web.com. We help customers of all sizes build a digital presence that delivers results. With our extensive product offerings and personalized support, we take pride in collaborating with our customers to serve their online presence needs. The strength of our company lives in the intersection of our people, our customers, and our brands.
What you’ll do & how you’ll make your mark.
- Responsible for management of programs, policies, and practices that ensure regulatory compliance with the requirements of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and domain name registry respective contract agreements, through Newfold brands that sell and service domain names.
- Promote registrar and registry compliance by regularly reviewing, evaluating, and measuring operational adherence with contractual requirements.
- Participate on behalf of Newfold ICANN-accredited registrars in policy development ICANN sponsored meetings and events (both in-person and virtually), including representation within the Registrar Stakeholder Group (RrSG) where the business is a voting member, and other groups as may be requested or needed.
- Create organizational documents, including (but not limited to) resource material to educate different stakeholders about emerging and developing areas of the domain name industry Newfold operates in.
- Partner with business areas to ensure that registrar compliance controls are built into major business functions (heavy interaction with Executive, Legal, Product, and Engineering).
- Provide dotted line oversight into support operations designated to resolve domain compliance issues as necessary or appropriate.
- Assist and facilitate the embedding of registrar compliance risk mitigation efforts into business operations.
- Perform analysis and deliver recommendations on contractual, risk, and compliance issues and any other matters that may be requested (in consultation with Legal).
- Represent the organization and report to regulatory bodies, supervisory authorities and other third parties as necessary or appropriate.
- Assist with improving compliance processes that scale globally.
- Work with other members of the compliance team to ensure compliance with state and federal laws in the USA and with global operational jurisdictions and/or regulatory agencies.
Who you are & what you’ll need to succeed.
- 5 years of experience dealing with compliance obligations, preferably in the internet industry.
- History of managing programs and/or projects to address applicable regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Strong understanding of ICANN, registrar and registry contractual requirements, policies, and procedures (e.g., Registrar Accreditation Agreement “RAA” and Registry-Registrar Agreements “RRA”)
- Working knowledge of the Domain Name System, specifically gTLDs and ccTLDs
- Excellent people and communication skills (oral and written), with ability to successfully explain complex matters and provide persuasive support for positions with internal stakeholders, outside partners, and all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work, and manage time efficiently.
- Sound business judgment that allows you to navigate ambiguity, work independently but also escalate issues when necessary.
- Ability to contribute successfully to cross-functional team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
- Necessary to travel to ICANN meetings multiple times a year.
Why you’ll love us.
- We’ve evolved; we provide three work environment scenarios. You can feel like a Newfolder in a work-from-home, hybrid or work-from-the-office environment.
- Work-life balance. Our work is thrilling and meaningful, but we know balance is key to living well.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We’re proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion. We foster a culture of belonging. Our company and customers benefit when employees bring their authentic selves to work. We have programs that bring us together on important issues and provide learning and development opportunities for all employees. We have 20 + affinity groups where you can network and connect with Newfolders globally.
- We care about you. We provide excellent Health Insurance options to fit you, HSA, Medical, Dental, Vision, Matching 401K, Life/AD&D/STD/LTD, Tuition Reimbursement, Pet Insurance, Generous vacation policy, and much more!
- Where can we take you? We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored, and grow their careers. Unfold new possibilities with #teamnewfold!
Employment with Newfold Digital is at-will and nothing in this Job Description should be interpreted or construed to alter the at-will employment relationship.
This Job Description includes the essential job functions required to perform the job described above, as well as additional duties and responsibilities. This Job Description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the employee performing this job may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise the Job Description at any time, and to require the employee to perform functions in addition to those listed above.