Who we are. Newfold Digital is a leading web technology company serving millions of customers globally. Our customers know us through our robust portfolio of brands. We have some of the industry's most prominent and storied go-to-market brands, including Bluehost, HostGator, Domain.com, Network Solutions, Register.com and Web.com. We help customers of all sizes build a digital presence that delivers results. With our extensive product offerings and personalized support, we take pride in collaborating with our customers to serve their online presence needs. The strength of our company lives in the intersection of our people, our customers, and our brands.
As a SRE/Operations Engineer your job entails, architecting, Implementing and managing heterogeneous & diverse tech stacks spanning multiple datacentres and across various cloud providers. Implement and manage enterprise level software, providing hosting and domain related services to millions of customers across the globe. Your role as a SRE/ Operations engineer is primarily focussed on helping business and development teams grow, roll out new features to the market with a strong commitment to quality and availability. At the same time, you will be an expert detective, diving into complex escalations involving enterprise level technical challenges, Engineering problems, customer connects and platform growth concerns etc. This role will involve the management of short & long term projects under SLA and adherence to deadlines.
What you’ll do & how you’ll make your mark.
• Architect and maintain mission critical global hybrid infrastructure spanning multiple datacenters & cloud providers, leveraging primarily open source technologies.
• Design next generation scalable systems which are highly available, resilient and capable of handling high volume Internet facing web traffic.
• Be responsible for downtimes and maintain the product SLA, capacity planning of the systems and overall health & performance of large scale production systems.
• Participate in weekly 24/7 oncall rotation, solving escalated tickets, resolve outages and debug production issues.
• Work closely with various stakeholders like Engineering, Monitoring and Operations teams, Noc / Soc, customers & business development teams. • Challenge the status quo. Empower development teams by transitioning legacy methodologies, platform & technologies to devops principles, cloud native technologies and newer ecosystems without much friction.
• Strict adherence to automating routine tasks and scripting, with a low tolerance to manual processes.
• Needs to be data & metric driven. Develop tools and platforms for better system observability & insights.
• Writing design decision documentation and is keen on implementing overall production best practices with a strong focus on security & encourage right Devops Workflows.
Who you are & what you’ll need to succeed.
• Excellent knowledge of Linux internals & OS fundamentals like scheduler, memory, storage, networking, etc. Has managed production servers running on RHEL/CentOS/ Ubuntu Distributions.
• Needs to be good in understanding Linux Filesystems, Linux troubleshooting spanning networks and systems. Sound knowledge in shell / command line, OSI, TCP/IP & networking fundamentals is mandatory.
• Exposure to RDBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL etc. • Exposure to at least 1 configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef etc & understanding of GIT concepts / terminologies.
• Can code in Python to write scripts and automate routine tasks. • Public cloud and Kubernetes experience .
• A Generalist who has the knowledge of the aforementioned and below mentioned skills. Someone who understands from DNS-to-Deployments and everything in between.
• Has managed in past large scale web infrastructure with deep understanding of L4/L7 Load balancing, high availability & DNS. Has worked on Haproxy, Nginx, Heartbeat/KeepAlived, pacemaker etc. Prior experience of managing DNS and large scale Email system is a bonus.
• Has prior Systems administration & troubleshooting experience and exposure to high traffic production environments dealing primarily in web application stacks on Apache / Nginx / Tomcat etc.
• Sound knowledge on various RDBMS and NoSQL Databases like Mysql / PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra etc. Exposure to Database clustering solutions is a plus.
• Deploying new, maintaining, patching and upgrading systems at scale with automation tools like Rundeck etc.
• Exposure to metrics & logging stacks like Ganglia, TICK. Grafana/Influx/ Graphite,, Prometheus, ELK, Fluentd, Splunk, Graylag etc.
• Understands the basic principles of virtualization and containerization and working knowledge of Docker, KVM/Libvirt. Exposure to infrastructure orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, Openshift, OpenStack, Mesos is a bonus.
• Production experience to deploying in AWS and proficient in IAC toolchains like Terraform, CloudFormation etc will be a bonus.
• Experience in managing CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, etc • Proficient in atleast one scripting/programming language like Python, Ruby, Golang, Perl,Powershell etc.
• Understands the importance of basic system, application & network security and exposure to benchmarks like CIS, NIST and OpenSCAP is a bonus.
Why you’ll love us. • We’ve evolved;
we provide three work environment scenarios. You can feel like a Newfolder in a work-from-home, hybrid, or work-from-the-office environment.
• Work-life balance. Our work is thrilling and meaningful, but we know balance is key to living well.
• We celebrate one another’s differences. We’re proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion. We foster a culture of belonging. Our company and customers benefit when employees bring their authentic selves to work. We have programs that bring us together on important issues and provide learning and development opportunities for all employees. We have 20+ affinity groups where you can network and connect with Newfolders globally.
• We care about you. At Newfold, taking care of our employees is our top priority. We make sure that cutting edge benefits are in place for you. Some of the benefits you will have: We have partnered with some of the best insurance providers to provide you excellent Health Insurance options, Education/ Certification Sponsorships to give you a chance to further your knowledge, Flexi-leaves to take personal time off and much more. Building a community one domain at a time, one employee at a time. All our employees are eligible for a free domain and WordPress blog as we sponsor the domain registration costs. • Where can we take you? We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored, and grow their careers. Unfold new possibilities with #teamnewfold!