Strategic Finance Associate (Hybrid)
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?As a Strategic Finance Associate, you are a bar raiser, this means you come with:
- 2 - 4 years of experience in investment banking, consulting, private equity, corporate finance, or in Strategic Finance at a high-growth startup
- Excellent financial modeling and presentation skills (e.g., Excel, Google Sheets, Google Slides)
- Experience with SQL, Looker, or other data visualization tools
- Experience in evaluating and forecasting SaaS and subscription business models is considered an asset
- Strong communicator who can effectively convey complex analyses to a broad set of people
- A structured thinker who is data-driven and has a bias for action
- Track record of success in working cross-functionally, identifying and resolving issues by oneself, and generating results
- Fundamentally curious and relentless in understanding the “why”
- Possesses a sense of urgency in line with our value of “No Day Wasted”
- A lover of local businesses -- supporting and building great products for them
- Ability to collaborate in office weekly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
As a Homie, you will make an impact by:
Are you ready for an exciting opportunity as a Strategic Finance Analyst? Collaborate with our Senior Manager of Strategic Finance to shape business priorities and influence our company's strategy through data-driven decision-making. This role demands a delicate balance between addressing immediate tactical needs and spearheading visionary long-term initiatives. As a key member of the Finance team, you'll contribute to forecasting and financial reporting efforts, playing a crucial role in driving our organization forward.
- Develop and maintain both short-term and long-term financial forecasts across our business lines
- Conduct rigorous analyses of Homebase’s financial performance across business units and product lines and provide data-driven insights for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Collaborate with Biz Ops team members to drive budgeting processes, strategic decision-making, and initiative prioritization
- Examine the performance of comparable companies to develop and maintain benchmarking materials that provide insight into our performance and inform long-term planning
- Diagnose and pinpoint areas for improvement within the organization (cost reductions, changes to stale processes/systems) as you evaluate the company’s financial health and performance
- Prepare board materials and investor presentations that clearly and succinctly communicate the overall financial health of Homebase
- Support any fundraising / M&A / corporate development initiatives as they arise
What We Offer
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- Comprehensive medical coverage for you and your eligible dependents - premiums 100% paid by Homebase!
- RRSP plan + 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Company-paid holidays and 20 days accrued PTO per year
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant work spaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team
- Meet the Hiring Manager, Nick M.
- Meet the team, Richard S.
- Participate in a Case Assignment, Nick M. & Richard S.
- Meet the Leadership team, Rushi P.
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie💜🎉
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!About Us
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
**Interview Recording Notice
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.