Human Resources Business Partner
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you'll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
What You Bring:
A true people person with a service mindset, you care about employees at all levels of the organization and are intrinsically motivated by the success of the individuals and teams you work with. You are a strategic thinker, always looking for ways to improve the efficacy of the team and enhance the employee experience.
- You have a well rounded knowledge of employment law and know how to apply it across a broad set of geographies
- You have a strong bias to action and always look to lend a helping hand
- You always consider the broader implications of decisions or process changes
- You easily establish relationships and are trusted by people at all levels within the organization
- You focus on solutions and demonstrate good judgment when it comes to solving problems and making decisions
- You have a knack for bringing order to chaos and conducting assessments. Developing scalable solutions or processes comes easily to you
- You have a backbone, you feel comfortable saying no, pushing back, or asking for clarification from executives and employees
- You are skilled at handling sensitive topics with respect and discretion and are experienced with mediating and resolving conflicts
- You have a keen eye for detail and take the time to make sure that data is accurate, communications are clear
- You are just as comfortable operating at a strategic level as you are at a tactical one
- You use data and metrics to drive decision making when possible
- You are highly collaborative and team oriented
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring others, helping them to be successful
- You thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented culture
Why We Need You:
The Human Resources Business Partner will be a strategic partner to Homebase’s executives and managers, acting as a mentor and coach to these leaders as they guide their distributed teams. This is a great opportunity for an HR professional, with direct experience in supporting sales and service, and thrives by the challenges of a fast-paced, growing organization.
- Partner with executives and managers to understand key objectives and organizational challenges and drive impactful initiatives
- Work with leaders to design career paths, customize development plans, and write job descriptions
- Partner with the broader People Operations team to develop and execute key HR programs and high impact initiatives
- Use feedback from employee surveys to support managers in action planning which help identify solutions and initiatives to drive increased employee engagement or address concerns
- Ensure compliance with Homebase policies and conduct investigations which a high level of confidentiality
- Manage the ongoing performance review and feedback cycle, and play a key role in the compensation review process
- Coach and advise managers on employee relations and performance issues
- Provide accurate and reliable HR guidance, support, and advice to mitigate risk to the business and to comply with federal, state and local employment law
- Assist employees who are navigating challenging personal or professional issues that impact their work experience
- Play a key role in onboarding and offboarding employees, leveraging insights to improve processes within the organization
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience, with 4+ years as HRBP
- Experience supporting CX, CS, and sales support preferred
- Literacy in the concept of sales and sales force effectiveness as it relates to the development and maintenance of highly effective sales teams
- Experience supporting hourly employee client groups in a call center, distribution center, or manufacturing environment
- SHRM-CP, PHR, or equivalent certification required
- Strategic mindset and able to manage complexity with ease
- Experience partnering with leaders to successfully build and execute a talent strategy
- Experience coaching, developing, and advising managers and executives, building trust at all levels
- Experience helping high growth organizations scale
- Solid foundation of U.S. employment laws and ability to reconcile with state and local laws to ensure compliance across geographies
- Experience collaborating with and influencing a variety of work styles and personalities
- Highly proactive and resourceful, with a strong bias for action
- Experience with large scale project management and organizational change management
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
What We Offer You:
- Stock Options - Everyone is an Owner!
- 401(k) program + 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 20 days of accrued PTO, annual paid holidays and paid volunteer time off
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account (FSA) options
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant work spaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homies
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. We are not Human Capital Management. We are not HR Software. We’re tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on paperwork and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
Something looks off?