Data Engineer (Hybrid)
We are currently hiring in Toronto, CA, and Houston, TX.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize data pipelines that process large volumes of structured and unstructured data from various sources.
- Build and maintain data models using dimensional data modeling techniques
- Design and develop reports and dashboards that provide insights into business performance
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Troubleshoot data issues and provide timely resolutions
- Optimize query performance and implement best practices for database design and development
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to support their data needs
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior members of the team
- Continuously improve the quality of our data and analytics processes through automation and innovation
- Show high ownership over projects and take the initiative to drive them to completion
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering or related field
- Expertise in SQL and proficiency in data modeling and database design
- Working knowledge of a scripting language like Python, Shell, or Ruby
- Previous experience with data modeling, ETL/ELT development principles, and data warehousing concepts
- Strong experience with data transformation tools like DBT or Databricks
- Ability to break down complex business problems into small constituent units
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to organize and work on multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team environment
- Working knowledge of Git, Jira, and testing frameworks like great expectations.
What We Offer You
- Stock Options - everyone is an owner
- Comprehensive medical coverage for you and your eligible dependents - premiums 100% paid by Homebase!
- RRSP plan +4% company match
- Remote, hybrid, and in-office work options
- Top-of-the-line equipment and $$ to customize your home office
- Company paid holidays and 20 days accrued PTO per year
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team
- Fun company activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Something looks off?