FlexGen Power Systems
As a Warehouse Technician for FlexGen, the candidate will assist the integration team with setup, installation, and testing of energy storage and related equipment. Our technicians will also support the development of new products, associated processes, and capabilities, including R&D prototyping, process development, documentation and equipment maintenance. This role is ideal for lab technicians looking to work in a team environment or independently.
Energy storage represents a multibillion-dollar market at the center of the energy transition. The integration of energy storage requires software and technological solutions that play a critical role in the adoption of renewables at scale—offsetting the intermittency and reliability challenges that renewable power generation creates for the grid. Since its founding in 2009, FlexGen has supported deployments of more than 3 GWh of energy storage systems across the U.S. and internationally for utility, microgrid, and C&I customers. The Company’s proprietary software platform allows energy storage owners to deploy various power market strategies and combine storage solutions with any form of generation.
FlexGen is dedicated to providing best-in-class service and performance for its customers, seeking to ensure safety, reliability and resiliency in all operating environments. FlexGen supports the customer across the full journey of developing an energy storage project, and leverages decades of engineering and software expertise to maximize value that its customers ultimately receive. The company’s HybridOS solutions include six distinct energy management solution applications including: DigitalTwin, FlexPack, SiteController, FleetManager, PowerCloud and FlexBidr.
Backed by a world-class group of investors including: founding investors Jerry Miller and Mark Dreyfus, legacy investors GE Venture and Caterpillar Ventures, an initial equity investment by venture capital firm Altria Group, a Series B led by Apollo Global Management, and a Series C led by Swiss investment firm Vitol with participation from all existing investors, FlexGen is poised to grow substantially and quite rapidly.
- Unloading and installation of energy storage, power conversion, and network devices
- Assembling and wiring of electrical equipment
- Inventory Management
- Product Assembly
- Receipt and Delivery of packages
- Management and certification of tools, safety equipment, and testing equipment
- Loading software configurations onto equipment
- Associates degree or relevant post high school work experience in related field
- Experience working with high power electrical devices (480Vac, 1500Vdc)
- Understanding of electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Experience with installation of electrical equipment (wiring, termination, grounding, testing)
- Experience troubleshooting various relay devices, temperature sensing equipment, and communications devices
- Proven track record in safety management
- Proficiency in operating forklifts, telehandlers, and other material handling equipment
- Experience with electrical testing equipment (Multimeters, HiPot, etc.)
- Work is remote, but must be available to work regular business hours
FlexGen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FlexGen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FlexGen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To the extent permitted by law, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.