Senior Graphic Designer
FlexGen is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer to join our team. This person will bring to life the creative ideas of the Marketing team and leadership, to deliver digital and print assets for business development, marketing, and various other departments as needed. Creative assets include website, social media, advertisements, flyers, tradeshow booths, promotional items, photos, videos, icons, newsletters, business cards, proposal templates, and company presentation decks.
Energy storage represents a multibillion-dollar market at the center of the energy transition. The integration of energy storage requires software and technological solutions that play a critical role in the adoption of renewables at scale—offsetting the intermittency and reliability challenges that renewable power generation creates for the grid. Since its founding in 2009, FlexGen has supported deployments of more than 3 GWh of energy storage systems across the U.S. and internationally for utility, independent power producers, and C&I customers. The Company’s proprietary software platform, HybridOS™ is the brains behind battery energy storage projects, unlocking the full functionality of energy storage and enabling owners to manage multiple sites from a single platform.
FlexGen is dedicated to providing best-in-class service and performance for its customers, seeking to ensure safety, reliability and resiliency in all operating environments. FlexGen supports the customer across the full journey of developing an energy storage project and leverages decades of engineering and software expertise to maximize value that its customers ultimately receive.
Backed by a world-class group of investors including: founding investors Jerry Miller and Mark Dreyfus, legacy investors GE Venture and Caterpillar Ventures, an initial equity investment by venture capital firm Altria Group, a Series B led by Apollo Global Management, and a Series C led by Swiss investment firm Vitol with participation from all existing investors, FlexGen is poised to grow substantially and quite rapidly.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Leads the daily facilitation of all creative requests
- Works closely with the Marketing Manager, VP of Marketing, and multiple creative agencies
- Illustrates layout of art and copy, arrangement, size, font styles, and related esthetics
- Converts ideas into visual concepts, iterations, and finished files with branding in mind
- Innovates digital design, marketing collateral, tradeshow, and promotional materials
- Responds quickly to requests and provides multiple conceptual options
- Project manages creative assets from start to finish
- Time-management and organization
- Ensures quality, consistency, readability, and brand adherence
- Assists with the coordination of photography, artwork, and printing
- BS/BA degree in graphic design, web design, visual communications or related field
- 5+ years' experience working as a graphic designer in a professional setting
- Must provide portfolio or other creative work examples
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Experience working within brand guidelines
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- A keen eye for detail
- Project management
- Word Press
- Photography editing, enhancement, production
- Video editing
- 3D modeling and animation
- Battery storage and/or power industry experience is preferred
FlexGen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FlexGen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FlexGen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To the extent permitted by law, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
Something looks off?