Commercial Operations Coordinator
FlexGen Power Systems
FlexGen is seeking a dynamic Commercial Operations Coordinator to support our commercial team in various administrative and operations tasks. As a Commercial Operations Coordinator, you will play a crucial role in supporting the commercial team. This person will also support, drive, and coordinate strategic initiatives at the direction of the Manger of Commercial Operations.
Energy storage represents a multibillion-dollar market at the center of the energy transition. The integration of energy storage requires software and technological solutions that play a critical role in the adoption of renewables at scale—offsetting the intermittency and reliability challenges that renewable power generation creates for the grid. Since its founding in 2009, FlexGen has supported deployments of more than 3 GWh of energy storage systems across the U.S. and internationally for utility, microgrid, and C&I customers. The Company’s proprietary software platform allows energy storage owners to deploy various power market strategies and combine storage solutions with any form of generation.
FlexGen is dedicated to providing best-in-class service and performance for its customers, seeking to ensure safety, reliability and resiliency in all operating environments. FlexGen supports the customer across the full journey of developing an energy storage project, and leverages decades of engineering and software expertise to maximize value that its customers ultimately receive. The company’s HybridOS solutions include six distinct energy management solution applications including: DigitalTwin, FlexPack, SiteController, FleetManager, PowerCloud and FlexBidr.
Backed by a world-class group of investors including: founding investors Jerry Miller and Mark Dreyfus, legacy investors GE Venture and Caterpillar Ventures, an initial equity investment by venture capital firm Altira Group, a Series B led by Apollo Global Management, and a Series C led by Swiss investment firm Vitol with participation from all existing investors, FlexGen is poised to grow substantially and quite rapidly.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Assist Manger in day-to-day coordination and management of commercial operational activities
- Liaison between sales and other department, helping to route inquires
- Support commercial team with contract and exhibit management
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date customer records and sales data in Salesforce
- Attend internal meetings and report pertinent deliverables to/for Commercial team
- Participate in commercial strategy discussions and help execute on next steps
- Identify potential opportunities for improvement within Salesforce and to the overall commercial process
- Prepare and maintain reports, presentations and other relevant documentation for commercial team
- Adhoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field is preferred
- High proficiency with MS Office, Excel, Power Point, and customer resource management programs (i.e. salesforce.com)
- Have excellent organization skills and careful attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate poise, organizational savvy, and executive presence
- Familiarity with a CRM software is a plus
- Synthesize multiple points of information, provide insights, and make recommendations to leaders
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to influence
FlexGen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, FlexGen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FlexGen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To the extent permitted by law, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.