Associate/Senior Associate, Structured Finance
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
ConnectGen is looking for an Associate/Senior Associate, Structured Finance to support capital raise activities for utility scale wind, solar and energy storage projects, and portfolios. The structured finance team leads origination, structuring, negotiation, and execution of third-party financings, including tax equity partnerships, tax credit monetization and project finance debt. The structured finance team plays a key role in securing competitive financing for our projects and supporting ConnectGen’s goals of increasing renewable power generation capacity. This position follows a hybrid work schedule of three days per week in the office located downtown Houston and two days remote.
- Support the origination, structuring, negotiation and execution of tax equity/tax credit financings, structured finance (construction finance, back leverage) and asset rotation transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial models used in financing transactions and internal analysis. Analyze and recommend structuring considerations and financing alternatives.
- Prepare marketing presentations (teasers, CIMs) and support outreach and selection of financing partners.
- Coordinate various due diligence processes with internal departments (development, construction, operations, finance). Manage external stakeholders such as financial advisors, legal counsel and consultants while managing project data rooms.
- Provide support to the investment approval process by providing financing and structuring guidance to M&A, tax, and accounting teams.
- Support corporate finance activities including managing letters of credit issuances.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal departments to ensure accurate information is provided to lenders and/or investors.
- Review commercial agreements (PPAs, leases, etc.) to ensure compatibility with financing requirements; provide relevant feedback to commercial teams.
- Maintain relationships with financial institutions including banks, export credit agencies, institutional investors, private equity/infrastructure funds, IPPs and utilities.
- Monitor industry trends, competitor activities, and emerging financing structures in renewable energy to inform decision-making and optimize financing strategies.
- 2-5 years of experience in project finance, M&A, investment analysis, or portfolio management, including experience in the renewable energy industry.
- Experience in developing and utilizing complex financial models for investment analysis and/or project financing.
- Experience in execution of tax equity and project financing structures utilized for renewable energy projects in the United States.
- Independently lead work streams and manage complex transactions, with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication style and demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership, business partners, and consultants. Ability to identify and make recommendations to senior team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-based environment.
- BA/BS degree required; finance, economics or accounting focus preferred.
- MBA, CFA, CPA, and/or equivalent certifications are preferred
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America.
ConnectGen offers an attractive total rewards package including competitive pay, annual bonus, long term incentives, health and welfare benefits, generous time off, paid holidays, flexible work and more! We have a strong commitment to fostering a culture of support, entrepreneurship, innovation, problem-solving, professional development and growth in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on projects that will impact the future of power generation infrastructure.