Manager, Environmental Affairs
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
ConnectGen is seeking an environmental professional to provide development support and management of environmental and regulatory permitting for large-scale renewable generation and storage projects across the U.S. This position reports to and works closely with the Director, Environmental Affairs, and internal development, EPC, land and legal teams to achieve ConnectGen’s project and corporate environmental compliance goals. The position is expected to manage multiple external support staff conducting a wide range of environmental studies and local, state, and federal permitting processes.
- Manage technical and environmental consultants including scoping, directing and reviewing work products
- Conduct and/or oversee environmental due diligence efforts to support project identification and development plans
- Support schedule and budget development and track project performance toward meeting established project goals
- Determine technical and environmental study needs, oversee performance of studies and preparation of reports, and interpret and disseminate study results for a wide variety of environmental topics including biological, aquatic, cultural, and other environmental resources.
- Coordinate the timely completion of federal and state agency environmental compliance documentation supporting permit decisions including but not limited to major environmental actions subject to National Environmental Policy Act and State Environmental Policy Act reviews
- Assist and manager preparation of environmental compliance, management, or mitigation documentation, such as Bird and Bat Conservation Strategy, Eagle Conservation Plan, Vegetation Management Plan, and other construction or operational compliance plans as appliable
- Effectively interpret, summarize, discuss, and implement environmental policies and regulations
- Facilitate/lead meetings with a variety of stakeholders including contractors, third parties, regulatory agency staff, tribes, consultants, and ConnectGen staff for a range of environmental and development matters
- Assist the company with documenting federal, state and local environmental compliance, during construction, operation, and decommissioning
- Obtain environmental and regulatory approvals, licenses and permits
- Other duties as assigned
- A proven track record of experience in providing permitting support for industrial scale energy projects (i.e., renewable generation, transmission, pipelines); wind and solar generation experience preferred
- U.S. experience working with Federal agencies, tribal governments, state agencies, eNGOs, and other land use planning or zoning entities
- Direct experience with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance reviews, state-level environmental quality act reviews and state-level energy regulatory proceedings, local zoning authorizations, as well as post-permitting compliance and implementation
- Working familiarity with federal and state laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines that may be applicable to permitting the construction and operation of renewable energy generation projects
- Relevant experience performing, reviewing, and interpreting environmental impacts analysis, including but not limited to land use/zoning, natural and cultural resources, visual, sound, shadow flicker, and communications
- Working knowledge of geospatial and land use planning analysis; Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Keen, demonstrated interest in renewable energy
- Ability to travel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or other advanced degree in science, planning or a closely related technical field
- 5+ years of experience performing environmental management and/or permitting services
- Technical understanding of environmental issues related to industrial development and permitting, including but not limited to land use/zoning, biological, aquatic, cultural, noise, visual, and socioeconomic considerations
- Demonstrated experience supporting development, construction, and/or operation of renewable generation or comparable industrial-scale projects preferred
ConnectGen is an independent renewable energy company founded in 2018 focused on developing high quality wind, solar and energy storage projects across North America. Based in Houston, Texas, our experienced team has developed, built and operated thousands of megawatts across North America. ConnectGen is backed by Quantum Energy Partners, a leading provider of private equity capital to the global energy industry, having managed together with its affiliates more than $18 billion in equity commitments since inception.
ConnectGen offers an attractive total rewards package including competitive pay, annual bonus, long term incentives, health and welfare benefits, generous time off, paid holidays, flexible work and more! We have a strong commitment to fostering a culture of support, entrepreneurship, innovation, problem-solving, professional development and growth in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on projects that will impact the future of power generation infrastructure.
See more open positions at ConnectGen
Something looks off?