Capco Associate Business Consultant Program (ABP) - Fall 2024
Capco’s Associate Business Consultant Program (ABP) - Winter/Summer 2023
LOCATION: New York | Chicago | Charlotte
Who is Capco?
Capco is a global technology and management consultancy specializing in driving digital transformation in the Financial Services, Energy and Insurance industries. With a growing client portfolio comprising of over 100 global organizations, Capco operates at the intersection of business and technology by combining innovative thinking with unrivalled industry knowledge to fast-track digital initiatives for banking and payments, capital markets, wealth and asset management, insurance, and the energy sector. Capco’s cutting-edge ingenuity is brought to life through its Innovation Labs, and award-winning Be Yourself At Work culture and diverse talent.
What are our Associate Talent Program(s)?
Capco US offers various Associate Consultant Programs across several key areas. Designed for recent graduates or graduates with no more than 1.5 years of total work experience, our training will provide you the keys to be a successful consultant. We offer three program paths and encourage you to choose the best fit for your interests/skillsets: Associate Business Program, Associate Data Program and Associate Engineering Program.
You’ll start your ATP journey with an intensive two week developmental training program to ensure that you have both the soft and hard skills to hit the ground running on your first client project. This training will equip you with a strong foundation of consulting methodologies, enterprise technology standards, and personal brand development on which to build and see growth in your career within the Capco family.
The next step will be working on client projects, with real responsibilities. As an Associate Consultant, you can expect to work on projects in a Business Analyst (BA), Project Management (PM), QA Testing, or Design / UX / UI capacity. You’ll do this to gain first-hand experience in one of our key capability areas - including but not limited to: Digital, Wealth, Banking, Capital Markets, Technology, Transformation Services, and Financial Risk & Compliance.
Example projects include:
- Global Centre of Excellence Operating Model: Design a Target Operating Model for a new offshore centre of excellence aimed at optimising global resources and achieving ultimate client servicing goals
- Product and Programme Transformation: Work with a global bank to help their C-level executives manage all transformation programmes across their business, including consolidating disparate product backlogs into one single product backlog using a scrum structure as per agile project management techniques
- Fixed Income Product Strategy: Work with the Capital Markets business of an investment bank to create a multi-year product strategy roadmap for detailing the sequence, duration, and level of effort for activities deemed necessary to roll out each incremental product recommendation
- Data Analytics Automation: Partner with a global bank to design and implement automation of manual processes found in specific departments. Identify and document the processes in question, assess and determine the best available tools, and put the automation into practice
- Support Compliance Initiative: Assist a Tier 1 bank’s Risk & Compliance department’s initiative to ensure compliance with a new regulation, including coordinating project efforts across regions and departments, and reporting on progress to key stakeholders
Once you’re working on client projects, you'll have the power to shape your own career, working closely with your Career Coach. You’ll get to try a variety of projects, and get a say in what you want to specialize in. From in-person internal training classes to external courses, and from online training materials to senior mentors and coaches, Capco will make the tools you need to succeed available at all times.
What does a day as a Capco Associate Consultant look like?
Examples of day-to-day experiences include:
- Develop an understanding of strategic client direction, risk and issues, and project goals
- Conduct structured data gathering, research, and analysis related to industry trends and client objectives
- Develop an understanding of key industry regulations and relevant frameworks
- Facilitate, document, and participate in client meetings and workshops
- Create high quality presentations and reports to effectively communicate project findings
- Participate in the development of new market opportunities that expand our business, brand, and global reach
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Business, Finance, Technology or related major, or a demonstrated interest in business, finance, and/or technology)
- Winter 2022/Spring 2023 graduate
- Must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA from an accredited college or university
- No more than 1.5 years of post-graduate work experience
- Ability to communicate and collaborate within cross-disciplined teams
- Willingness to travel extensively (needs vary based on office and client locations)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States (US Citizens or Permanent Residents ONLY).
A career at Capco is a chance to help reshape the competitive landscape in financial services. We launch new banks, transform existing ones, and help our clients navigate complex change. As consultants, we work on the front-end business design all the way through to technology implementation.
We are the largest Financial Services focused consultancy in the world, serving everyone from global banks to emerging FinTechs, from strategy through digital transformation, design, business consulting, data and analytics, cyber, cloud, technology architecture, and engineering.
Capco is a young and growing firm. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset and have minimal bureaucracy. We have no internal silos that get in the way of your career opportunities or ability to focus on our clients and make a difference to the business. We offer the opportunity for everyone to learn rapidly, take on tough challenges, and get promoted quickly. We take pride in our creative, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture, where everyone can #BYAW.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.