Data Engineer Consultant - Italy Milan
Data Engineer Consultant - Financial Services Consultancy - Italy Milan
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry. Capco is going through a significant growth journey, making this an exciting time to join us as we expand our consulting team in Italy.
- Experts in capital markets, banking and payments and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
As part of the consulting team of Capco, the Data Engineer will have:
- The ability to process and rationalize structured data, message data and semi/unstructured data and ability to integrate multiple large data sources and databases into one system
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles and of the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong knowledge of the Big Data eco system, experience with Hortonworks/Cloudera platforms
- Practical experience in using HDFS
- Practical expertise in developing applications and using querying tools on top of Hive, Spark (PySpark)
- Strong Scala OR Python skills, particularly the Anaconda environment and Python based ML model deployment
- Experience of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (Jenkins/Hudson/Ansible)
- Experience with using GIT/GITLAB as a version control system.
- Experience in working in Teams using the Agile Methods (SCRUM) and Confluence/JIRA
- Good communication skills (written and spoken), ability to engage with different stakeholders and to synthesise different opinions and priorities
- Knowledge of at least one Python web framework (preferably: Flask, Tornado, and/or twisted)
- Good understanding of global markets, markets macrostructure and macro economics
- Knowledge of Elastic Search Stack (ELK)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (Data Proc / Dataflow)
- Knowledge of and experience using data models and data dictionaries in a Banking and Financial Markets context. Knowledge of Trade Finance or Securities Services particularly useful.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following domains (including market data vendors):
- Instrument and pricing
- Market and/or Credit Risk
Experience using below languages/tools:
- HQL, SQL
- Querying tools on top of Hive, Spark (PySpark)
- Python, particularly the Anaconda environment
- GIT/GITLAB as a version control system
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, then we’re looking forward to receiving your application.
Something looks off?