About the team:
Capco’s Data Team helps our clients transform every aspect of their business. We are highly skilled at formulating data strategy, defining business and technology initiatives across the data management lifecycle, and aligning multi-year strategic roadmaps with client’s business goals. As digital technologies advance and regulations tighten, today’s consumers – and, therefore, today’s businesses – are becoming more aware of the importance of good quality data. We work to establish holistic ways to effectively manage data through the modern data supply chain and facilitate consumption through analytics, modelling, AI, machine learning, dashboarding, and reporting.
About the Job:
As a member of our Data Team, you will work across Capco’s different domains and solution offerings to help break down large problems, develop approaches and solutions. As a Data Engineer, you will create analytics reporting and provide data-driven strategic insights, trends, and perspective to help drive transformation for our clients.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Work on hard problems with smart people.
- Be highly motivated, result-oriented, and take pride in being a problem solver.
- Work with new technology, focus on using the right tool for the job, rather than any sticky preference for a tool or technology.
- Linux system administration, development and production environments.
- Learn and share knowledge across our engineering teams, so we can continue to iterate and improve.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code as needed.
- Design and implement of low-latency, high-availability, and performant database systems.
- Work on implementation of data pipelines/data warehouses/data marts/ODSs/Lakehouses.
- Collaborate and work on integration of data storage solutions.
- Cloud, container and microservices infrastructures.
- Software security.
- Focus on performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability and automation.
What You’ll Bring with You:
- Data Analysis – Intermediate to expert level with algorithms and complexity analysis.
- Data Engineering -using Microsoft Azure cloud and on prem Spark/Hadoop Development.
- Data Engineering Foundation – Certification nice to have, theory and practice.
- Real-time event processing.
- Proficient in Azure technologies such as: Azure Data Factory (ADF), Azure Data Bricks (ADB), Azure Active Directory, Azure Storage, Azure data Lake Services (ADLS), Azure key vault, Azure SQL DB, Azure HDInsight and OR AWS.
- VBA, Python, PowerBi, Excel.
- Functional programming.
- Data Engineering using Microsoft Azure cloud and on prem Spark/Hadoop Development
- Experience in Energy Trading and/or experience in the competitive Gas and Power markets a plus.
A career at Capco is a chance to help reshape the competitive landscape in financial services. We launch new banks, transform existing ones, and help our clients navigate complex change. As consultants, we work on the front-end business design all the way through to technology implementation.
We are the largest Financial Services focused consultancy in the world, serving everyone from global banks to emerging FinTechs, from strategy through digital transformation, design, business consulting, data and analytics, cyber, cloud, technology architecture, and engineering.
Capco is a young and growing firm. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset and have minimal bureaucracy. We have no internal silos that get in the way of your career opportunities or ability to focus on our clients and make a difference to the business. We offer the opportunity for everyone to learn rapidly, take on tough challenges, and get promoted quickly. We take pride in our creative, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture, where everyone can #BYAW.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to take the Next Step
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.
Something looks off?