Data Management Tooling and Vendor Alliances Lead
Data Management Tooling and Vendor Alliances Lead
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Expertise in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offerings, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- A commitment to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- A focus on maintaining our nimble, agile, and entrepreneurial culture.
Capco’s global Data Practice team of 800+ data practitioners enables financial institutions to become data-driven by helping transform their understanding, management, storage, and use of data to derive value for themselves and their customers.
Our team collaborates with clients to formulate focused, actionable, and effective data strategies that deliver business outcomes in a sustainable fashion. We translate strategy into action – designing, implementing, and mobilising innovative data capabilities with a focus on efficiency and scalability, and partnering with leading vendors and industry bodies.
Drawing on our deep domain and business expertise, we architect and engineer modern data platforms and curated data products, with a focus on automation and data management by design. We partner with business, operations, and technology teams to embed and sustain these capabilities in business-as-usual and are leading the design and implementation of next generation data platforms across the industry.
Our clients and peers voted us as the A-Team Best Consultancy in Data Management in 2021 and 2022, and value our ability to identify and develop top data talent.
You’ll be joining Capco’s Data Strategy & Advisory team as the Data Management Tooling and Vendor Alliances Lead. As we increasingly advise our clients to adopt automated and augmented Data Management tooling, you will play a fundamental role in developing the Data Strategy & Advisory capability within Capco, where you will be responsible for pioneering and steering the:
- Capco Data Management tooling vendor partnership strategy, and establishing mutually beneficial partnerships with established and emerging tooling vendors
- Uplift of Capco data tooling vendor assessment methodologies
- Development of joint value propositions (including deployment accelerators) with tooling vendors
- Development, maintenance, and adoption of the Data Management tooling training curriculum for Capco consultants
- Identification and research of business development opportunities on new or existing clients and supporting the development of client proposals and bids where they relate to Data Management tooling
- The establishment of client Data Management tooling centres-of-excellence
Additionally, your deep tooling expertise will be used to support:
- Tooling vendor assessments for Capco clients, leveraging your extensive knowledge of best-in-class solutions to provide objective recommendations in-line with client requirements
- Solution Architecture design for Data Management tooling solutions, including through detailed assessment of functional and technical designs against business requirements
- Business case and roadmap development for new data management tooling within client organisations, including through sizing and costing tooling implementation
- The most appropriate deployment patterns, licensing models, and tooling customisation based on bespoke client needs
Your Skills and Experience
Most importantly, you’ll have a passion for Data Management tooling and its ability to enhance data management capabilities. You will bring your track-record in architecting and deploying data management tooling solutions to enable clients to achieve their business outcomes.
To qualify for the role, you will have most of the following:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Data Management and / or Data Analytics
- Extensive knowledge of the Data Management tooling landscape, with an innate understanding of tooling capabilities and relative pros-and-cons in-line with common requirements
- Pre-existing relationships with a wide range of Data Management tooling vendors
- Successful track record of building and maintaining mutually beneficial partnerships and alliances
- Extensive experience facilitating tooling vendor assessments and tooling RFPs
- Extensive experience in Data Management tooling pre-sales or sandbox demonstrations
- Extensive experience building business cases and TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) models
- Deep and extensive understanding of Data Strategy, Data Management, and Data Analytics principles, and one or more of several common Data Management methodologies and capability models (e.g. DAMA DMBOK, DCAM, CDMC) and toolsets
- Experience with Cloud platforms and services for AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with extensive experience and comfort working autonomously and in team environments
- Comprehensive experience in simplifying complex concepts, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Ideally, you will also bring:
- A minimum of 7 years’ consulting experience at a top-tier consultancy, or a similar (Chief Data Office) change / transformation role within a Financial Services organisation
- A background in Financial Services (e.g. banking, insurance, investment management)
- A deep understanding of the challenges, opportunities and regulations (e.g. ESG, LIBOR, BCBS-239, CCAR, GDPR, Consumer Duty) facing the Financial Services industry
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry best-practices within data management and analytics
- Formal certification in data management methodologies or capability models
Why Join Capco?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause and bereavement
Something looks off?