Senior Consultant - Payments
About the team:
Capco is a global business and technology consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
Working in Banking and Payments at Capco extends well beyond a traditional consulting role – we focus on developing talent within a supportive environment while simultaneously challenging tomorrow’s leaders to partner with our clients and shape the future of financial services. At Capco, we deliver innovative solutions that shape market-leading strategies through implementing advanced technology with modern methods. Our experience across the ecosystem of banking segments, products, customer experiences, and supporting infrastructure has strengthened our reputation for innovation within the industry. We partner with commercial banks with capabilities including but not limited to lending, deposits, treasury / cash management, online banking, and payments.
The team offers our clients the support and guidance they need to compete in an industry that has and continues to experience rapid modernization and change. Whether our clients are seeking to enhance operational performance, accelerate change, or transform the customer experience, our goal is to help them emerge as industry leaders and meet or exceed their business goals.
About the Job:
As a Senior Consultant on the Payments team, you will work in a fast-paced team setting, alongside industry experts, to craft optimal strategies used to solve complex client problems. Your insights will influence actions taken by managers and executives, both proactively and in real-time problem-solving situations, within broad scale programs.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Lead and support client discussions that center around sales, servicing and transacting processes across banking products and segments
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges related to business process or technology systems, including their implementation, administration or optimization
- Assist project teams in measuring current business or operational performance and forecasting improvements based on Capco’s recommendations
- Facilitate the collaboration and coordination between business and technology to deliver on client end-to-end objectives
- Work as part of team leveraging agile and modern software delivery techniques
- Produce insights, analyses, and recommendations to improve client business or operational performance, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance related to various financial products
- Build new solutions, toolkits, documents, and consulting approaches that can be applied across Capco’s Banking & Payments practice
What You’ll Bring with You:
- 5+ years of professional experience working in the financial services and/or management consulting industry
- Management consulting experience highly preferred
- Experience in commercial, retail and/or private banking, cash management, merchant services, and front to back-office operations
- Experience with business and/or technology architecture for payments functions such as checks, ACH, Wire, Credit Card, Debit Card, and Money Movement
- Consumer and Small Business Deposit Payment Products experience (e.g. Bill Pay, Zelle, Bank to Bank)
- Understanding of legacy and emerging payment areas (including Real Time Payments, Payment Hubs, ISO 20022 Standards, and Open Banking)
- Understanding of Wire related Global and US regulatory landscape
- Expert knowledge of both Agile and other project or program management SDLC principles, tools, and templates (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)
- Ability to effectively lead team members to ensure the completion of project deliverables with requisite quality and in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree required
A career at Capco is a chance to help reshape the competitive landscape in financial services. We launch new banks, transform existing ones, and help our clients navigate complex change. As consultants, we work on the front-end business design all the way through to technology implementation.
We are the largest Financial Services focused consultancy in the world, serving everyone from global banks to emerging FinTechs, from strategy through digital transformation, design, business consulting, data and analytics, cyber, cloud, technology architecture, and engineering.
Capco is a young and growing firm. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset, and have minimal bureaucracy. We have no internal silos that get in the way of your career opportunities or ability to focus on our clients and make a difference to the business. We offer the opportunity for everyone to learn rapidly, take on tough challenges, and get promoted quickly. We take pride in our creative, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture, where everyone can #BYAW.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to take the Next Step?
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.
Something looks off?