Business Analyst - Wealth & Asset Management - Edinburgh
Business Analyst - Wealth & Asset Management - Edinburgh
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry. From day one you will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- Experts in capital markets, banking and payments and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
Wealth & Asset Management
Capco is a key consulting partner to the leading asset managers, supporting the definition and execution of their strategic priorities. Our work ranges from client service proposition design, through to business model reviews, regulatory change, digital and operating model transformation and technology platform implementation. We partner with our clients to deliver sustainable and tangible commercial value through impactful business and technology change.
Over the last couple of years, our Wealth & Asset Management practice has grown rapidly, and we expect that momentum to continue. To support this growth, we are looking for candidates with good asset management industry knowledge across all experience levels from to join the team.
- You will share our vision and passion to make business and operating models more resilient and efficient, with an aim to drive better wealth accumulation, investment returns and retirement outcomes
- You will have operational or change experience in the asset management industry
- You will want to challenge the status quo and explore new methods and technologies that can benefit our clients
- You must be passionate about delivering change from strategy through to solution implementation
- Capco projects can touch on many parts of an asset management business, so we need people with knowledge and experience of fund manufacturing, sales & distribution, portfolio management, trading, fund operations and associated technology platforms and solutions.
- You will bring knowledge of how asset managers deliver value to end-clients, control their costs and grow their business
- You will broadly know the rules and regulations that they comply with and will possess expertise in a business process area, key systems, or the client and intermediary relationships they serve
As an Business Analyst at Capco, you will be responsible for working with Wealth & Asset Management clients to collaborate with Business, Operations, Finance, Compliance, Technology teams analysing and developing business and technical requirements, formulate effective ways of working and identifying and reporting risks, issues and dependencies in an agile environment.
AS PART OF THE CONSULTING TEAM AT CAPCO, THE BUSINESS ANALYST WILL
- Work across multiple teams within your client’s organisation to perform requirements elicitation
- Have experience working within Wealth & Asset Management as a Business Analyst and/or in a hybrid role capacity as a Business Analyst
- Ability to analyse and document complex business processes, users stories and functional requirements
- Perform gap analysis and redesign business process flows
- Assist the Project Manager / Scrum Master in creation of project plans and/or sprint planning
- Prepare for and facilitate client meetings & workshops with stakeholders at all seniority levels
- Manage tasks on Jira Kanban boards
- Develop and produce metrics & reporting where required, and present this to clients and stakeholders
- Work to mitigate risks by continuously monitoring incidents/risks and escalating where required
- Work closely with product owner (where applicable) to ensure business requirements are translated into functional solution design
Skills and Experience
- Experience working in Business Analyst roles within Wealth & Asset Management
- Experience working closely with technology delivery teams to ensure the solutions delivered satisfy the requirements
- Experience in maintaining project schedules, plans and Jira tasks
- Knowledge of Financial Services and Capital Markets is preferable, but not essential
- Knowledge of the SDLC, as well as Waterfall and Agile project delivery methods
- Excellent attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective and flexible communication skills
- Excellent organizational & strong stakeholder management skills
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause and bereavement
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, please do not hesitate to apply. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
To learn more about Capco and its people check out the website on www.capco.com
Something looks off?