Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
Capco is a fully independent, global management and technology consultancy. For 20 years we have combined innovative thinking with deep industry knowledge to deliver business consulting, digital transformation and technology services to Finance and Energy markets. Our collaborative and efficient approach helps clients reduce costs and manage risk and regulatory change while increasing revenues. We are thinkers, innovators, and disruptors. We are small enough to care but large enough to matter.
We are looking for engineers who want to play a key part in supporting the evolution of the Financial Services industry one project at a time. You will be expected to be a strong team player who prides themselves on delivering modern, first class cloud based platforms through practicing best in class Agile ways of working at all times.
DevOps at Capco
You’ll be part of excellent teams developing the new financial services apps, having the opportunity to work on exciting greenfield projects as well as on established Tier1 banks applications already adopted by millions of users.
You will be able to work on automating and optimising DevOps processes, improving your knowledge and skills to become an expert on CI/CD.
You’ll be able to work across different technology stacks, ranging from serverless deployments through to on-premise private cloud deployments.
You will have also the opportunity to learn and work with other mobile technologies whenever you want to wide your expertise.
We offer you the opportunity to train with the best courses and portals available online and get certified becoming the best version of DevOps engineer you can.
Capco is looking for hardworking, innovative and creative people to join our Digital Engineering team.
We'd also like to see:
- Practical experience of engineering best practices, while being obsessed with continuous improvement.
- Deep technical knowledge of two or more technologies and is curious to learn other parts of the stack.
- Experience delivering software/technology projects leveraging Agile methodologies
- You have personally made valuable contributions to products, solutions and teams and can articulate the value to customers.
- You have played a role in the delivery of critical business applications and ideally customer facing applications.
- You can communicate complex ideas to non-experts with eloquence and confidence.
- You bring an awareness and understanding of new technologies being used in finance and other industries and loves to experiment.
- A passion for being part of the engineering team that is forming the future of finance.
Skills & Expertise
You will have experience working with some of the following Methodologies/Technologies.
- Expert in the Software Development Lifecycle with both a Dev and Ops mindset
- Deep understanding of containerisation and aware of container orchestration concepts, including hands on Docker experience.
- Proven experience using AWS, GCP and/or Azure with a strong understanding of CSP networking and security features and services
- Great appreciation of DevOps and Infrastructure as a Code concept and techniques, including Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Hands on experience of using scripting with Python, Groovy to build CI/CD pipelines on Jenkins, CircleCI, GoCD.
- Driven the implementation of DevOps solutions within a project or organisation, ensuring compliance with organisation standards and best practice.
- Understanding of application and system monitoring tools with experience of auto-healing, autoscaling and predictive monitoring
- Experienced in Automation and Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Helm.
- TDD or BDD understanding and how to enable and orchestrate the different types of tests required by the quality phase.
- Experience/understanding of Kubernetes, Istio and knowledge of related tools (Kiali, Fortio etc).
Nice to have skills
- Hands on Test Orchestration experience with Cucumber, Karate, Selenium.
- Experience migrating on-premise solutions to a cloud ecosystem.
- A work culture focused on innovation and building lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause, and bereavement
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to #BeYourselfAtWork. We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.