Lead Power Platform Developer
We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
We are looking for a Power Platform developer who is passionate about technology and wants to deliver real improvements to business users in smart and effective ways, improving their everyday tasks.
This is an exciting opportunity to bring your current skill sets in Power App and enhance your career by working on some of the most exciting managed services opportunities in the UK.
Using your current knowledge of Microsoft’s Power Platform, you will help us create a Power Platform Centre of Excellence that will use Power Apps, SharePoint, Power Automate, and Microsoft Teams technologies, creating data integrations with 3rd party systems with a focus on business process and automation.
We encourage continuous learning, so as well as the opportunity to work with some of the brightest and best in the industry, we have learning paths to consulting available for those looking to advance their careers.
You'll work with our Managed Service teams alongside service analysts, service delivery managers, developers, architects, designers, analysts and product owners to support and resolve incidents and to drive innovation and automation, tooling and data infrastructure development.
- Work directly with the business to support various projects and solutions.
- Responsible for developing Power Apps model and canvas driven apps.
- Utilise problem-solving skills to understand process pain points and troubleshoot as challenges arise.
- Installation and configuration of data gateways.
- Development of Azure Logic Apps, Power Automate, Azure Functions and analytics integration.
- Provide architecture, configuration, administration, and functional support to expand capabilities in Microsoft 365 technologies, including a focus on keeping up to date with developing solutions and future roadmap of Microsoft.
- Design end-to-end solutions that improve collaboration, productivity, and knowledge sharing.
- Identify areas and processes where Microsoft 365 can be better leveraged and facilitate process improvement.
- Analysis of Excel and Visual BASIC code to understand the business requirements, converting these into a modern low code solution using secure repeatable patterns.
- Establish data connectivity with ERP systems and a standardised approach to interacting and collecting data from these systems.
- Support the community development team within the business to get their current apps into a standardised supportable model that can then be transitioned into Greencore IT support team if required.
If you are naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with data related issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
The role will have flexible working hours on a shift system and will possibly include occasional late-night shifts or out of hours working.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customer’s trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems. Some of the key skills we are looking for include:
- Good experience in the Microsoft Power Platform – Power Apps, Power Automate & SharePoint
- Demonstrate an understanding of security concepts including access control and data security.
- Business systems analysis and support experience
- Experience with Office 365 development utilizing Power Apps, Power Automate, Teams and SharePoint Online
- Strong foundational knowledge of Office 365 platform including Exchange, Intune, Azure AD, and Azure ecosystem
- Strong business-to-technology translation skills are essential for identifying ways to apply solutions to help clients increase business value and performance.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Experience customising SharePoint lists and disparate systems with Power Apps.
- Experience developing Power Apps model.
- Ability to create business processes and custom connectors with Microsoft Automate.
- A clear understanding of Power Apps formulas and development methods.
- Proficient in creating PowerShell scripting.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Please note: any applicants must be able to gain valid SC clearance.