Senior Information Security Analyst
We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
We are expanding our Cyber security offer and have exciting opportunities for all cybersecurity experts to come and join the UK’s leading independent IT consultancy.
This is an exciting time to join the security team as we are currently at the start of delivering a new security roadmap. Which will allow you to be involved with the development and implementation of various security technologies and practices. This role would suit an experienced candidate in a similar, security focussed role (Cyber, IT Security, SOC Analyst, Cyber Engineer, SIEM Engineer etc).
Some of the Responsibilities include:
- Providing expert technical security advice and support
- Monitoring of internal estate to identify security issues or incidents (Threat Hunting)
- Monitor, Investigate, and perform root cause analysis on Security alerts and Incidents from multiple information sources
- Investigate and analyse security matters, identify methods and solutions in response to security related queries
- Perform root cause analysis of security incidents and participate in post-incident reviews to provide practical recommendations for improving threat detection and incident response capabilities and overall security posture
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorised use and acts of abuse
- Management and monitoring of day-to-day security systems
- Identify and promote continual service improvement of all security systems
Experience Required for the role:
- Solid experience in a similar technical Cyber/IT Security/InfoSec based role (e.g., SOC Analyst, Cyber Engineer, SIEM Engineer)
- Experience with security tool sets (SIEM, EDR, Packet Capture / Analysis, etc.)
- Solid experience of day to day SIEM management and support(Sentinel would be an advantage)
- The ability to contextualise, categorise and prioritise security events, incidents, and alerts
- Knowledge of security frameworks and standards implementation (NiST, ISO27001, Cyber Essentials, etc)
- Passion and enthusiasm for security, including the ability to keep current with the latest threats, technologies, and trends
- Thorough understanding of adversarial tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Knowledge of infrastructure, cloud, virtualisation and network concepts and technologies, particularly in a Microsoft-centric environment
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mindset and the ability to spot and investigate anomalous behaviour
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Cyber Security, Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering or hold the equivalent level of experience and an industry security certification.
Requirements for the role:
- BSc degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant industry experience
- Broad technical knowledge required of information security and networking principles, technologies and implementations. This should include log analyst, monitoring, encryption, technical testing, cloud, and intrusion detection and response.
- Industry Security qualifications required i.e CISSP, CEH etc
- Experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Must be a friendly individual who is able to form and maintain relationships across various business sectors
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
About the Team
Our Information Security function is maintained by our Head of Information Security, who is currently overseeing all departmental tasks. The newly formed Information Security team will report directly to the Head of Information Security to implement and support our newly created strategic vision. Joining the team will provide you with an opportunity to manage, support and apply your technical expertise across the business.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Something looks off?