2nd Line IT Support Engineer
We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
You will work within the Service Management team, providing support to over 2000 employees. We provide the IT hardware and infrastructure services internally to enable our people to deliver projects and services to BJSS’ clients. With many of our staff being technical experts in their own field, this can be a challenging environment due to the rapid changes required in order to meet client demands.
Across the team, we look for people who are:
- Customer focussed
- Excellent communicators
- Team players with strong motivational and coaching skills
- Honest, influential and personable
- Pragmatic, flexible and dependable
- Able to prioritise own workload
Responsibilities will include:
- Installation, configuration and deployment of PCs and Apple Macs using Intune and JAMF
- Updating internal IT systems including the helpdesk tickets, asset records and technical documentation
- Resolve 2nd line IT Support requests
- Where required, raising orders for non-standard hardware and software
- IT operations activities including proactive checking and monitoring of internal IT systems
- Mentoring junior 1st Line team members
- Site visits to other BJSS offices
The candidate must have the following skills:
- Previous Service Desk/1st and 2nd line experience
- Troubleshooting Windows and Apple Mac laptops
- Administration of Office 365
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Installation, configuration and deployment of Windows 10
- Experience of MacOS in an Enterprise environment, particularly using JAMF
- Administration of Enterprise Antivirus and security management
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, wired and wireless networking technologies
- Knowledge of PowerShell scripting
Desirable skills include a working knowledge of PC hardware and software troubleshooting, and knowledge of software development environments.
As a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer in BJSS, we are looking for someone who has attained a Level 4 IT apprenticeship or possesses similar experience
About the Team
We provide the IT hardware, infrastructure and application services internally to enable our people to deliver projects and services to BJSS’ clients. This encompasses, the networks, laptops, security and infrastructure services required to deliver a reliable IT service to a rapidly growing business of over 2000 people. Keeping pace with the growth is challenging, and ensuring our people are productive on their very first day is a key driver for everything the team does.
Many of our people are technical experts in their own fields, and this makes supporting those people more difficult than in many other environments. You will need to learn to recognise when to provide assistance and when to escalate problems in the most efficient manner.
The IT team has 4 core teams:
- Service Management – provide 1st line support, device deployment and collection, fulfil all standard service requests for hardware/software.
- Infrastructure – provide 2nd line support and implement core infrastructure and security solutions.
- Applications – provide 2nd line support and manage/implement our line of business applications and reporting.
- Security – manage compliance and security across IT and BJSS’ client engagements.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Something looks off?