Sales Lead - Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry
We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
Our growing Healthcare & Life Sciences industry brings business, technology and managed service consulting together to drive value and to solve the industry issues and challenges.
As the Sales Lead for our Healthcare & Life Sciences industry, you’ll play an integral role in helping us further expand our client base to sustainably grow the practice.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing and successful consulting firm in a role that offers:
- An opportunity to further develop a world-class business.
- Excellent career opportunities in an environment that rewards success and contribution.
- Provides opportunity on a global scale.
- The opportunity to work within a successful practice that enjoys a high profile within both BJSS and the industry sector it services.
- A peer group that is dynamic and successful.
We fundamentally believe that there is no textbook approach or solution to achieve lasting results; nor that a glossy and expensively produced PowerPoint is going to help our clients deliver it.
So, what do we expect you to do? We want you to deliver on these things:
- As an expert in Healthcare & Life Sciences business development, you’ll be able to sell to all types of work packages; from pure consulting engagements and propositions, right through to digital transformation and Modern Managed Services.
- You’ll help shape and implement the industry strategy with the Healthcare & Life Sciences lead, develop specific campaigns which resonate with market and execute the sales strategy to deliver scalable and profitable new business.
- You’ll effectively guide and challenge both colleagues and clients to harness innovation and technology-enabled solutions to accelerate business disruption and enhance agility.
- You’ll work collaboratively, balancing quick wins whilst driving clients to achieve long-term, sustainable success.
Focusing on the UK, our Sales Lead will drive the sales of the industry; enabling us to identify and close with targeted Healthcare & Life Sciences bodies and departments who wish to enable first-mover advantage in an increasingly competitive global market.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for working as part of a dynamic and energetic team to solve industry problems across both technology and business.
You’ll bring extensive business development experience gained within Healthcare & Life Sciences with a strong, existing network of contacts.
You’ll have strong prior exposure of selling strategic, digital and technological solutions and resources across all core industry segments.
You’ll be expected to develop and strengthen peer to peer level relationships with our clients.
You’ll have a proven ability to engage with diverse teams, motivate others and communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly.
You’ll be an individual who gains the respect of clients and colleagues.
You’ll bring strong functional knowledge, including but not limited to strategy, business development, account management, marketing and sales and digital development.
You’ll be an entrepreneurial and results driven achiever.
In addition, you’ll need to have the following experience and personal attributes as a minimum:
- Strong, demonstrable experience within Healthcare and Life Sciences, preferably with a significant proportion of that time spent in a senior business development capacity within a leading consultancy
- Strong business acumen and business development experience; typically building commercial relationships with clients,
- Existing network of contacts within several leading UK Healthcare & Life Sciences bodies and departments
- Proven ability to identify, qualify and close new business opportunities within the sector
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Create a culture of constructive and effective communication
- Broad knowledge of the industry, with deeper experience across one of:
- Data & Analytics, or;
- Technology & Engineering
- Graduate degree
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Something looks off?