This is an exciting opportunity to become part of SPARCK. We’re a small, but rapidly growing team, who lead transformation projects with top tier clients, formulate research and innovation ventures and collaborate with the brightest minds in Digital.
There’s no typical SPARCK project but to give you a flavour, in the last 6 months we’ve been conducting international customer research, developed AI driven assistants and embarked on designing a new service to transform the UK medical industry.
- With room to shape SPARCK and our clients’ businesses, you’ll get opportunities to hone your Content Design prowess and achieve ambitious career goals.
- With a fresh new team, there is no “this is the way it’s always done”. In fact, we expect you to contribute to the direction we take, and maybe lead the practice in the future.
- At SPARCK we take pride in acting on ideas. We don’t shelve good thoughts for a rainy day - we get to work on it. We collaborate with our technology partners and parent company BJSS, who we conveniently share the office with.
What we're looking for:
- You’ll be confident shaping content design projects - drawing from different styles and techniques to craft the best possible outcomes.
- You’ll probably have a background in English, media studies, communications, marketing or have experience of designing structured communications.
- You’ll naturally be sharp in your written English, rightly pedantic in your editing, and rigorous in your pursuit of simplifying complexity
- You’ll be sensitive to design issues (e.g., whitespace, balance, typography) and be able to create straightforward diagrams and infographics, or work with visual designers to fulfil your content needs
- You’re pragmatic and hands-on when it comes to turning ideas into reality - using an evolving set of tools and techniques to collaborate with other disciplines to deliver on time.
- You believe in core part that content design plays within Human Centred Design, holding informed opinions on trends like conversation design, user-generated content, and the increasing importance of video.
- You’ll be able to show off content designs from across different genres and sectors (e.g., government, health, retail, financial services). We expect you’ll probably have some personal content projects on the go too.
- You have a keen awareness of accessibility and inclusiveness issues as they relate to content design.
- Bonus points for experience of Agile methodologies, co-working with clients, user experience designers, researchers, service designers, and the wide range of technical team skills.
- Experience with the government’s GDS service standard and its implications for content design is highly preferable, but not essential.
About the Role
- Design, plan and lead content design and strategy engagements with clients
- Develop content strategies to engage and persuade different audiences across multiple channels and formats to the desired outcome
- Collaborate in producing high-quality User Experience outputs such as user journeys, wireframes, prototypes, and personas
- Helping in user research and usability testing to uncover user needs, test your content and continuously iterate ideas and designs, including the ability to read analytics to identify potential content issues
- Disseminate content design best practices & trends and incorporate into deliverables
- Design and lead workshops with our clients and present deliverables to senior stakeholders
- Manage relationships with client stakeholders, communicating frequently, understanding their needs, facilitating workshops, and presenting designs
Some of the Perks
- A collaborative and inspiring environment working alongside some of the best tech people in the industry
- Hybrid working – you can vary your working location to allow you to collaborate better, feed your creativity, and take the time and space to focus when you need it
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles
- Flexible benefits allowance – you can spend on additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more…
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and more
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from different backgrounds into tech
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Something looks off?