Platform Engineer - Azure
We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
Our platform engineers design, build and monitor the cloud ecosystem, enabling others to do whatever it is they need to do. We see it as a mix of DevOps, SRE and technical design, always with a focus on security, reliability and the other well architected Pillars.
About the Role
How many times are you willing to perform the same manual task before getting sick of it and automating the problem away? If your answer is between zero and two, we couldn’t agree more!
Here at BJSS, we’re looking for hands-on platform engineers; people who have a passion for automation and the skills to back it up. We work on some of the most interesting projects out there, and work with fantastic people to help deliver them. As a cloud expert, you'll work in small product teams alongside developers, architects, designers, analysts and product owners to design automation, tooling and cloud infrastructure.
During your time at BJSS, you’ll have the opportunity to work across a wide range of industries and projects, each with their own set of unique challenges and new tech.
We have a great community, built to support each other, so help is never further than a few clicks away.
Your priorities will be building new systems and improving stability, security and efficiency, and in some cases, driving culture and process change.
We encourage continuous learning; so, in addition to working on interesting projects with interesting people, we'll reward you for every certification you achieve whilst doing so.
We feel the best engineers are curious. Curious about learning new things and curious about building better solutions.
You’ll be comfortable working in a team and have the knowledge to lead or support the definition of the delivery platform within that team.
• You have 1+ years of experience working in the cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP)
• You're an engineer at heart and enjoy the challenge of building elegant solutions
• You want to work across a range of tech, trying out the latest tools and trends
• You have a passion for automation, having previously worked with pipelines and used some scripting language(s)
• Ideally, you will have some experience creating/maintaining infra with IaC tools such as Terraform
• You believe in lifelong learning, always looking for a ‘better way’
• You’re happy to dive headfirst into anything that comes your way
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Something looks off?