Platform Engineer - AWS
We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including our most recent inclusion in the Forbes World's Best Management Consulting Firms report.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
Our story in Portugal started in 2020 with a small office in Lisbon. The team is now over 100 across Lisbon and Porto, and we are the perfect blend of national and international collaboration and reputation.
We want to continue to grow and need people just like you!
Our platform engineers design, build and maintain the delivery infrastructure, systems and processes underpinning technology transformation engagements and lead the adoption of modern platforms and ways of working.
About the Role
We’re looking for hands-on platform engineers with deep understanding of the AWS ecosystem to join delivery teams working on some of the most exciting digital programmes around, with clients in a range of industries.
As an AWS or Azure expert, you'll work in small product teams alongside developers, architects, designers, analysts and product owners to deliver automation, tooling and cloud infrastructure.
We encourage continuous learning, so as well as the opportunity to work with some of the brightest and best in the industry, and evaluate the latest technologies, we’ll reward you for obtaining AWS certifications.
You’ll have the expertise and confidence to lead the definition and support of the AWS delivery platform in complex engagements, typically working in multi-disciplinary teams on client site. You’ll have:
- Significant commercial experience of designing, deploying and managing enterprise cloud environments.
- Experience of containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, EKS etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, CloudFormation or Pulumi.
- In-depth configuration management, automation and scripting using tools such as Python, Ruby and Go.
- Detailed knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies like Puppet, Chef, SaltStack etc.
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies and experience of enabling team delivery through technology.
Some of the Perks
- Coverflex Flexible Benefit allowance – you can choose to spend your allowance on private healthcare insurance, pension contributions, wellbeing, gym and fitness, education, childcare and more
- 22 days holiday per year, plus National Bank Holidays (or a day in lieu)
- An industry-leading referral scheme, with no limits on the number of referrals
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH.
- We also help you setting up your home office to make sure you’re comfortable with hybrid working
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- BJSS Clubs: From trekking and paddle to books and board games, BJSS is keen on sponsoring various group activities among our employees
Something looks off?