IT Infrastructure Engineer
We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
Join our team as an Infrastructure Engineer and take your technical expertise to the next level! As part of our highly skilled internal IT infrastructure team, you'll have the opportunity to lead and be a key player in projects that will shape the future of our company. We're seeking someone who can identify opportunities to enhance our existing technologies, implement enterprise-level infrastructure and SaaS solutions, and provide 3rd line support to a highly technical user base. In addition, if you're ready to undertake advanced IT operational tasks, including patching and upgrading critical infrastructure components, we want you on our team!
- Identify opportunities to continually improve our existing technologies at both a technical and usability level.
- Support and implement enterprise-level Infrastructure & SaaS solutions utilising Azure AD and Microsoft 365 technologies.
- Both lead and be part of project teams implementing new solutions.
- Provide 3rd-line support to a highly technical user base across the UK and beyond.
- Undertake advanced IT operational tasks, including patching and upgrading critical infrastructure components.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of IT 3rd-line / infrastructure experience, a passion for exploiting technologies, and getting the best out of any solution deployed. In addition, the successful candidate will have the following personal skills:
- Analytical Skills: Ability to analyse complex technical issues and troubleshoot problems. Capacity to develop and implement solutions to resolve technical issues.
- Communication and Collaboration: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Continuous Learning: Willingness to learn new technologies and stay up to date with industry trends and best practices.
Qualifications and Skills:
Looking for people who can demonstrate a solid background in infrastructure, with specialisation in at least two of the following technical areas.
- Microsoft Office 365: A deep understanding of Office 365 E5 Suite, including Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, and OneDrive. Knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting Office 365 applications and services.
- Jamf: Expertise in Jamf software and experience managing and administering macOS and iOS devices. Knowledge of Apple device management policies, configurations, and security settings.
- Networking: Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, routing, and switching. Understanding of network protocols and firewall configurations, including VLANs and subnets. Ability to configure and troubleshoot switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Security: Experience in managing and configuring endpoint security, including anti-virus, anti-malware, and anti-spyware software. Knowledge of intrusion detection systems (IDS), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), and firewalls. Understanding of security best practices and compliance regulations.
- PowerShell: Experience with PowerShell scripting language, including the ability to automate tasks and customise Office 365 environments.
- Cloud computing: Knowledge of cloud computing platforms, including Azure and AWS, and experience with their administration and management.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Something looks off?