We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
Are you passionate about helping organisations solve their business problems through the use of technology?
Are you looking for real ownership on projects and to get under the skin of complex challenges?
We’re looking for talented Enterprise Architects who are looking to take the next step in their career to join our growing Consulting team.
As part of our Consulting team, BJSS Enterprise Architects take responsibility for ensuring that our clients understand how best to choose, qualify and apply technology. Identifying opportunity and shaping direction on where new capability can deliver increased value to business operations.
Our clients are looking to BJSS for guidance and support to achieve better technology to business capability alignment. As a BJSS Enterprise Architect you will be helping them through an assessment of their current state and helping to define where and how capability could be better aligned to meet expectations. You will articulate the strategic case for technology change to executive stakeholders, often developing a future architecture blueprint to communicate value as well as the roadmap to achieve it.
BJSS Enterprise Architects rapidly become trusted advisors. Excelling at client stakeholder engagement, our Consultants turn strategy and roadmaps into actionable plans, identifying where BJSS can offer additional services and create winning proposals that will maximise client benefits.
As an Enterprise Architect at BJSS, you’ll need to operate with a pragmatic outlook to apply your knowledge and skills in new ways across our broad client, sector and industry base. Your focus will be on helping our clients improve alignment between their technology capability and business goals to generate value. Applying critical thinking and innovation with a clear emphasis on aligning technology strategy and enterprise architecture to create actionable insights and recommendations is at the heart of what you can expect day to day. You will also be a key contributor to BJSS business development and be able to identify and shape potential opportunities, including contributing relevant parts of the proposal.
You will have strong analytical skills to understand where details matter but also are able to think strategically and answer the ‘so what’ question at the CxO level. You will therefore have a strong consultative approach gained from previous internal or external consultative style roles.
As a seasoned practitioner you have experience spanning 5 - 10 years in an EA role (or an equivalent) and can demonstrate a proven track record with experience across most of the following:
- Strategy Creation – Architecture assessment and technology selection, strategic change roadmaps and business case development
- Broad Technology Awareness – Cloud, Data, ERP and Legacy platforms. Enterprise integration patterns and software engineering lifecycle from ‘initial idea to deployed code’
- Delivery Approaches – Enterprise Agile, Scaled Agile Framework and Waterfall
- Business Processes – Activity based cost modelling, value stream mapping and service design
- Governance – awareness of technology function operating models such as, Office of the CIO / CTO, IT4IT and COBIT and how these fit in to host business organisations
What we Offer
We offer something different to the other consultancies out there. As well as a competitive package, we offer true accountability and ownership from the get-go, ensuring you have the opportunity and the means to develop and grow your career. Our culture is pivotal to our success – we say no to a corporate, hierarchical approach and celebrate a culture of openness and trust. We also recognise successes however big or small, understanding the unique role that everyone plays within our teams.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Something looks off?