Cloud Migration Consultant - Azure
Are you passionate about helping clients solve their business problems using Public Cloud? Are you looking for real ownership on projects and to get under the skin of clients’ biggest areas to support?
We’re an award-winning innovative tech consultancy - a team of creative problem solvers. Since 1993 we’ve been finding better, more sustainable ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world’s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
In the last 30 years we won several awards, including a prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category for our Enterprise Agile delivery approach.
Operating from 26 locations across the world, we bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
At BJSS, we are at the heart of migrating and modernising our clients workloads and have some of the UK’s most exciting transformation projects underway. We need cloud migration experts to become part of our award-winning business to help with the next phase of enterprise migration.
We’re looking for talented Cloud Migration specialists who want to take the next step in their career and join our Cloud Centre of Excellence team.
You’ll be a technical authority at the centre of our engagements, managing technical risk and creating real business value.
You’ll be willing to be hands-on when you need to be and seek to balance innovation and intellectual rigour with realism.
You will work with a talented, innovative and creative cloud team to make the right cloud technology choices for our clients and will also draw on your creative talent to contribute to our cloud accelerators.
You will work with some of the biggest companies in the UK and help them shape their Cloud migration and modernisation and shape our future Cloud roadmap. This involves telling compelling stories about the case for change, defining the goals and objectives as well as selecting the strategies to meet those objectives, including a supporting business case.
BJSS Cloud Migration specialists are thought leaders, keen to share their thoughts on the latest trends either digitally or in person. They are trusted advisors at the C-suite level adept at using their knowledge to ensure our clients maximise their use of technology.
You will have experience within a cloud migration project or as an advisor in a cloud service provider, advising on cloud migration patterns and technologies, preferably across multiple industries.
You should have the ability to implement and use cloud migration tooling so it’s important to have In-depth understanding of one or more of the major cloud vendor services and have attained the following certifications or similar:
▪ Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
▪ Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
▪ AWS Certified: Solutions Architect Associate
▪ Google Certified: Associate Cloud Engineer
▪ HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate
Ability to position an innovative and compelling vision and value proposition for customers to migrate and modernize their applications to cloud.
Be able to create a detailed Cost/Benefit model to create a compelling business case for businesses to migrate
Work with large scale enterprise applications, networks, compute, and data storage architectures to help remove roadblocks in customer projects.
Lead/respond to RFI's / RFP's for Cloud Migration & Modernisation (proposal writing, estimating/pricing, orals)
Collaborate across BJSS teams to drive and shape cloud migration programmes that accelerate customer’s business outcomes.
Maintain C-level relationships with clients, key stakeholders, boardrooms, and BJSS peers
Apply a range of discovery, workload profiling, schema conversion, and live and off-line tools. Tools such as AWS Migration Evaluator, AWS Migration Hub, Azure Site Recovery, Azure Migrate, Data Migration Assistant, Databox, Movere, Appscore or other 3’rd party migration tools.
Lead and perform readiness assessment and migration planning engagements.
Guide customers to select the best technical approach (ex. re-host, re-platform, re-factor, and others) and formulate an effective strategy.
Create detailed plans, estimate efforts, and define the required project team for large programs. Translate these into SoW proposals.
Align BJSS delivery approach to Cloud Service Provider (CSP) migration programs to maximise funding opportunities leveraged by clients.
Understand and mitigate risks faced by technical, operational, and business stakeholders. This includes understanding how to minimize disruptions to business functions including customer support and operations.
Lead and work with cross-functional delivery teams to evaluate, provide insight and drive strategic outcomes that have the greatest impact customers
Work with complex global organisations spanning multiple business units embarking on large cloud migration programmes
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can chose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
Please note: any applicants must be able to gain valid SC clearance.
Something looks off?