Sr. UX Designer, Prime Gaming
Amazon Games aspires to be the most player and partner-obsessed company in gaming. We’re the place for builders and innovators to unleash their creativity. We connect players and developers to the games and communities they love. Our initiatives include game development, publishing, marketing, and live operations, integrated business operations to connect players and game developers.
In addition to releasing New World, an MMO set on a supernatural continent in the Age of Exploration, and publishing Lost Ark, from acclaimed studio Smilegate RPG, we are working on new IPs from our studios and teams in the US, Canada, and Europe, along with other projects in varying stages of development.
With Prime Gaming, Game Growth, and our Twitch channel, Crown, we’re inventing within an incredible sandbox to explore new and thrilling ways to bring exciting gaming experiences to players worldwide.
We believe in building teams and products that reflect and offer an inclusive environment for all our employees and players.
We encourage our teams to push boundaries, challenge each other, and learn new ways to unlock their full potential. We are growing and creating as we go - we want you to join us on this journey!
We are looking for a highly collaborative team player who is excited to work closely with a team of passionate gamers, designers, product managers, and developers to create end to end customer flows, interaction design, and prototypes for new and existing experiences. You will utilize a broad set of design skills to take projects all the way from concept to creation. We are looking for Sr. UX designers who are obsessed with customers, innately curious and possess a natural inclination to lead design efforts. You'll work closely with our UX Research team, but an ability to write and execute your own usability testing is a huge plus.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead and improve upon our product design process - starting from early research and hypothesis, through defining requirements, creating wireframes of user flows, and testing prototypes on actual users.
- Contribute to the product discovery process and assist in validating core product ideas.
- Effectively translate complex human workflows into simple and intuitive UI, ranging from small feature iterations to larger, complex, blue sky experiences.
- Work closely with PMs, Engineering, TPMs, and QA from ideation through post-launch. Embed themselves in the product and development teams processes to guide strategic decisions, lead early ideation, and smartly break visionary ideas into practical phases that still maintain a high bar of quality
- Partner closely with UX Research to collaborate on research plans and clearly communicate the key research questions we need answers to. Can also independently utilize (or excited to learn) lean user research methods to make quick design decisions when needed. Can include interviews, observation sessions, and remote user tests, and able to synthesizes research findings to stakeholders.
- Adaptable design processes and tool skillset; Our team utilizes Figma, Sketch, InVision, Principle and Confluence to make design happen.
- Collaborate with fellow designers, able to give and receive feedback gracefully, and can act as a mentor to junior and non-senior designers
- Think in design systems as you prioritize building accessible, scalable, and re-usable components for the next generation of our design library
- Experience in the gaming industry and/or passion for gaming is preferable but not a hard requirement
A day in the life
Our customers are happiest when they’re playing video games. The Prime Gaming team delivers in-game loot, digital games included with Prime, and a Twitch channel subscription every month to our Prime members. We’re building experiences that fundamentally shape and continuously improve the Prime experience for millions of gamers, and every day we learn more about what it is that makes people fall in love with video games.
We are a team of gamers and we offer an inclusive & creative design environment which exists at the intersection of Amazon Prime, Twitch, and Amazon Games. You’ll be driving key features of the our experience on behalf of customers, creating North Star designs for the future of Prime Gaming, and influencing strategic decisions with evidence-based design. This role gives the freedom and ownership of driving your own evidence-based design decisions which will directly impact the our growing global customer base's Prime member experience.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA
- 6+ years of design experience
- Experience acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps
- Have an online portfolio or samples of work on resume, demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices
- Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute programs that are strategic in nature
- Experience in delivering design solutions for projects of large scope and complexity
- BA/BS in HCI, User Experience Design, Front-End Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- Experience designing customer facing retail products
- Experience defining and maintaining design patterns and UX standards
- Master's/MA/MS in HCI, User Experience Design, Front-End Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $113,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $211,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.