At SnapStream, our mission is to help organizations harness the power of moments to change how people communicate and form deeper connections. Moments of audio and video hold the power to drive reach and impact, but extracting these moments is too hard. SnapStream makes it easy for news media, government, entertainment, and academic organizations to capture, find, and share these moments to create more persuasive stories, increase audience engagement, and turbocharge rapid response. That's why customers like Politico, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, BuzzFeed, and The White House love us.
You have a passion for distributed computing, software-as-a-service, and robust software engineering principles. If you enjoy problem-solving and are eager to investigate emerging technologies, we'd love to talk to you.
SnapStream Core Values
At SnapStream, our values shape our operations and define our success:
- Be curious - cultivate a culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Walk in the customer’s shoes - see the world through our customers’ eyes and spend time deeply understanding our customers
- Experiment without fear - experiment boldly and be unafraid to change your thinking along the way
- Be an owner - have a sense of personal responsibility, sweat the details, and think long term
- Enjoy the journey...together - work as one team by respecting, inspiring, and uplifting others
- Collaborate with the team to deliver testable, maintainable, and shippable code each sprint
- Back all of that code up with comprehensive unit tests where appropriate
- Work alongside the product team, designers, and the development team to give early feedback on in-development features
- Identify new frameworks and technologies to improve our stack
- Step in and investigate escalated enterprise customer support issues when necessary
- Radiate information: write documentation, share knowledge, teach the occasional lunch & learn session, and mentor other developers on the team
- 3+ years of full-time software development experience
- Experience writing and shipping production software in a collaborative environment
- Experience building and deploying applications on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience with CI/CD & DevOps a plus
- Strong understanding of software architecture, design patterns, and development methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- A passion for technology and an interest in video. (Experience working with video a plus!)
We know you are looking for more than "just a job." Which is why we believe in taking care of all SnapStreamers by offering a broad suite of benefits and opportunities for growth.
- Learn from some of the brightest minds and be part of a talented, focused team
- Grow your experience and build a resume that will propel you forward
- Be part of building something meaningful
- Count on great insurance paid 100% by us for employees, FSA or HSA, vision and dental, life insurance, and disability insurance.
- Stay balanced with paid vacation and paid parental leave
- Plan for retirement with 401k plan with company matching
- Get & stay fit with gym memberships and fitness challenges that promote health and build team camaraderie
- Enjoy freedom and collaboration - work with high-performing, collaborative coworkers in an intentional remote-first work environment powered by all the tools & technologies you need to be successful
SnapStream is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Something looks off?