Senior Software Engineer (Core Backend using Microsoft technologies)
Here at Syndigo, we're enabling our clients to deliver better eCommerce experiences. We've mastered the right data, right now. From creation to sale, that's the value our partners get from us - a holistic, truly differentiated end-to-end solution that closes the loop while increasing sales.
Basically, we're the accurate data behind how people feel when they shop online with confidence!
We cannot do all of this without our amazing people! Our employees make the magic happen here at Syndigo and we're growing rapidly! We're ready for you to collaborate with us to challenge the status quo!
CXH – Backend Sr. Software Engineer using Microsoft technologies
Syndigo is looking for a backend senior software engineer with high proficiency and advanced knowledge in Microsoft C# and .NET Core to join our engineering team. This role will require a strong interest in, and experience with, REST API development of microservices, cloud technologies, code integration and maintenance, along with experience writing unit tests. Projects will primarily focus on backend development contributing to a large existing codebase. This role will work with partner teams to help define appropriate requirements, do the software development and maintenance, and to troubleshoot problems.
Technical skill and Experience:
- Highly proficient and advanced knowledge in C# - version 8.0 or higher
- Highly proficient and advanced knowledge in .NET Core 3.0 or higher
- REST API and Microservices development using ASP.NET Core 3.0 or higher
- Strong familiarity with JSON and XML data formats
- Strong Familiarity with tools such as Postman or Fiddlers for API testing
- Advanced development experience in Microservices architecture – both in terms of developing new and consuming existing Microservices
- Experience with message and event-driven programming using Service Bus, SQS etc.
- Experience with development in cloud computing environment – Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Azure blob storage, App Insights, Service bus and other Azure services
- Experience with Azure CI/CD pipeline and Docker deployment
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, design, and architectural patterns
- JIRA for work item management
- Experience with Git for source control
- 5+ years of solid professional experience in developing complex, cloud-enabled and well-performant software using relevant technologies
Job Description & Typical Responsibilities:
- Design and develop software application back-end using Visual Studio, C#, and .NET core
- Design, develop and enhance REST APIs for Microservices built on ASP.NET Core
- Integrate with other APIs, Microservices as well as use Microsoft cloud technologies such as Azure blob storage, service bus etc.
- Work with a large existing code base, integrating new functionality as well as troubleshooting and enhancing existing functionality
- Strong focus on high quality, highly performant and re-usable object-oriented code
- Write automated unit-tests in the code
- Familiarity with Agile and Kanban methodologies for SDLC. Maintain work backlog through JIRA
- Understand and translate business requirements into technical requirements – specifications
- Be a part of larger development team and also interface with Product, Project, DevOps and QA teams
- Collaborate with team members across multiple geographic locations as well as time zones
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Authenticity fuels our work. In fact, it’s one of our Syndigo Values. To achieve the best version of our organization, we know it takes new ideas, new approaches, new perspectives and new ways of thinking. A purpose we are 100% committed to cultivating.
Diversity is woven into our fabric at Syndigo and it’s how we stay an industry leader, innovating technology solutions that equip our customers with everything they need to be successful!
All are welcome here and we invite you to join our team if you are ready to help us continue that growth!
Syndigo, to process applications, holds onto data for a "reasonable time" after applications are submitted. This data is stored for Syndigo's internal use by HR/Recruiting Staff only. Verified requests for data deletion and exports will be completed upon request.
Syndigo Job Applicant Privacy Notice
At Syndigo, we care about your privacy. As you go through our recruitment process, we are committed to being transparent about how we process your personal data. To learn more about how Syndigo processes your personal data, go to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.