IT Technical Support
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
IT Technical Support reports directly to the RTOC Supervisor [vendor side] and IT focal point [client side] in Customer HQ. IT Technical Support monitors and maintains the systems and networks related to Real-Time Operations Center. IT Technical Support provide technical assistance and support to RTOC and its end users.
- Adheres to Customer standards and policies.
- Monitor and maintain systems and networks to ensure uninterrupted real-time data aggregation and transmission, and RTOC applications.
- Perform hardware installations and configurations at rig site to aggregate data from the rig or other service providers and establish real-time transmission from the rig site to centralized WITSML server.
- Perform software installations, configurations, and updates at RTOC and centralized WITSML servers. Coordinate with The Company IT for required hardware installations.
- Identify and resolve issues onsite or remotely related to hardware, software and networks affecting data aggregation and transmission, and RTOC applications.
- Assist in incident investigations, diagnosing and troubleshooting real-time system issues.
- Log issues and enhancement requests.
- Provide technical assistance and support with hardware and software to RTOC and Company end users.
- Coordinate with Company IT department to resolve technical issues related to hardware, software, and networks.
- Working Hours - 1 person per shift per Group Company &in Customer HQ
- 24/7 – 2 shifts of 12 hours each
What you'll need
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT & system network.
- Knowledge on different hardware, applications, and IT infrastructure necessary to maintain the system and network to aggregate and transmit the data from the source to Company Real Time Operation Center.
- Degree (completed) in Computer Science (or similar field of study) or equivalent self-taught experience
- English speaker (Fluent)
- Linux environment management knowledge
- Knowledge of Cloud Solution Management
What will help you on the job
- Critical thinking;
- Continuous learning;
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.