VP, Head of Product
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
As Viasat’s Vice President, Head of Product, your primary focus will be on monetization and driving the creation of financial value through strategic product development across Viasat’s hardware and software products. You will play a crucial role in establishing the definition of Viasat’s products and their lifecycle, ensuring they align with business objectives, and creating new lines of revenues for the business. Moreover, you will spearhead the transformation of Viasat into a software-driven entity, driving digital innovation and enabling them to become a true technology organization.
We are looking for a visionary leader who can assess both customer and business needs to create customer-centric products that create and build value for the company. Your ability to execute flawlessly and think fast will be essential in this role, as you navigate build vs. buy tradeoffs and make critical decisions to propel Viasat forward.
As the VP, Head of Product, you will:
- Champion Viasat’s transformation into a software-driven organization, leveraging cutting-edge technologies to deliver high-quality products.
- Foster a customer-centric mindset and actively contribute to the creation of products that meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Act as a talent magnet; leverage your extensive and well-established network to attract and retain exceptional individuals who are passionate about driving innovation and growth.
- Drive product monetization efforts with a clear focus on creating significant financial value for the organization.
- Develop a data strategy to measure product fit in many ways that enables customer success, in product activation, usage and monetization.
- Lead digital transformation initiatives, driving the adoption of new technologies and processes to optimize operational efficiency and enhance customer experiences.
- Demonstrate flawless execution skills and the ability to think quickly, making informed decisions that drive positive results in dynamic environments.
- Make informed build buy tradeoff decisions, leveraging business acumen to evaluate the most effective strategies for product development and growth.
- In collaboration with Viasat’s segment Presidents, build and maintain a transparent, up-to-date roadmap for Viasat's product portfolio across the company.
What you'll need
- 15+ years demonstrated ability delivering successful products and/or developing businesses in a technical field.
- Proven ability to define, plan, deliver and measure products in a portfolio with growing complexity.
- Proven analytical and quantitative ability to use data and metrics to rationalize assumptions and develop cases with a growth mindset.
- Track record of taking decisions at high velocity, taking ownership and driving results.
- Demonstrated capability in building, leading world class product organizations.
- Strong product sense and an ability to think about the business broadly.
- Strong empathy for the customer and a desire to build products that delight customers.
- The ability to influence multiple cross-functional teams and leaders over whom you might not have direct authority.
- Proven experience in leading full product development lifecycle, from research and concept to release and distribution to customers, and future evolution in a high-growth, scale-up environment.
- Experience building a healthy culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and accountable.
What will help you on the job
- Prior experience as an executive at a public company is highly preferred.
- Experience building products in both hardware and software businesses is highly preferred.
- US Security Clearance (or ability to obtain) is preferred, but not required.
$340,170.00 - $460,230.00 / annually
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.