Gateway RF Technician
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment supporting highly available facilities globally? If you do, Viasat may have the perfect role for you!
We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Gateway RF Technician to join the Technical Operations team. You will play a crucial role in the implementing, operating, installing, troubleshooting, and continually optimizing our rapidly expanding worldwide radio frequency systems.
Collaboration with numerous internal and external workgroups, such as our RF Engineering group, is crucial as you run break/fix incidents, craft technical documents, and monitor systems for our Satellite Earth Stations. Viasat is dedicated to innovative technology in the Satellite Internet Industry. Come on board and use your detective skills to identify root causes for technical issues as well as develop procedural/technical recommendations for improvement. If you are a sleuth and problem solver, then it is time to join us here at Viasat! In this role, you will be exposed to many different gateways and be an integral part of our amazing new products being launched.
- Evaluates work product and provides feedback on the quality and continuous improvement processes
- Performing preventative maintenance actions on RF hardware, coordinating with other work centers, and confirming completion and documenting/tracking follow-up corrective actions with the onsite workforce.
- Working with external partners to coordinate site visits for PM/break-fix actions. Communicates scope or work and coordinates parts logistics
- Provides technical escalation points to remote contractors, providing troubleshooting guidance based on the established processes, driving resolution to internal and external teams.
- Performs check-in/out of all vendors/contractors at remote sites.
- Validates hardware communications and alarm testing of new site installs.
- Identifies and troubleshoots operational issues and tracks resolution and/or escalates to appropriate stakeholders.
- Assist engineers with project tasks to include hardware audits, retrofit install coordination/data gathering, and obsoletion hardware replacement projects.
What you'll need
- 3+ years of work experience in a NOC environment
- Basic Networking Knowledge
- Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Aptitude to learn
- Normal hours are day shift work with rotational night shift (required)
- US Citizenship Required
What will help you on the job
- Experience with or knowledge of Uplink / Downlink gateway Earth Stations, RF systems (including Antenna Systems ), Monitor and Control Systems. and associated hardware.
- Experience with RF test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, RF Power Meters, Signal Generators.
- Basic knowledge of Facilities equipment such as HVAC, ATS, Generators, and UPS.
- Associate's Degree or higher.
$22.88 - $36.42 / hourly
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.