Material Control Manager
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
Viasat is seeking a dynamic leader to develop and orchestrate Viasat’s material control and logistics functions in support of global contract fulfillment. Your responsibilities will be diverse, but you will be empowered to use your initiative in a variety of tasks in support of our Manufacturing, Service and Engineering departments. These functions may consist of oversight of activities related to inventory control, receiving, and shipping functional areas. Activities will also consist of management of processes related to disaggregated inventory support operations and the flow of materials between, inbound or outbound of multiple geographically dispersed warehouse facilities with optimal accuracy. You will collaborate with program management on space requirements for new and upcoming programs as well as design material health plans to support critically required program inventory. This individual should have the ability to collect and analyze data to help improve the organization's supply chain activities, monitor inventory stock levels, and support planning and procurement efforts.
The Material Control Supervisor will publish shipment schedules and maintain tactical communication with internal partners and external support entities to ensure outbound shipments are prosecuted within prescribed confines. You will identify and eliminate root causes of disruptions to the shipment process to drive efficiency in Viasat’s transportation operations. You will evaluate all antenna system assembly inputs into packaging and shipping certifying availability of all materials to ensure on time delivery of customer and program deliverables. This supervisor will monitor execution discipline to Receiving and Shipping KPI’s as well as surveying cycle count program performance to ensure compliance with fiduciary and physical count goals. The Material Control Supervisor will be responsible for initiating and managing Inventory process improvement opportunities to include developing and updating process control documents. Strong communication and organizational skills will help you as you manage a team of direct reports and participate in cross functional improvement projects, interfacing with key stakeholders throughout the company as you develop and monitor our inventory management system and evaluate it for improvement opportunities.
A well-qualified candidate will have proven team leadership ability and capable of coaching, mentoring, and instilling a high level of accountability and customer service within the team. Command of inventory control, logistics, 5S processes, creative thinking, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced arena desired. They are team-oriented and possess a forward-looking approach to process refinement.
What you'll need
- 6+ years transferrable work-related experience within inventory management in a supervisory capacity.
- 6+ years’ experience in material control and physical inventory maintenance.
- Experience with inventory stocking and consumption practices in a high-tech manufacturing, transportation, and/or distribution environments.
- Prominent level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Experience with cycle counting and variance resolution and physical inventory maintenance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient data analytics using Excel or Access.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated experience with continuous process improvements disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
What will help you on the job
- CPIM certification a plus (e.g. CPIM)
- Green Belt Six Sigma certification
- Experience with OBIEE and Tableau
- SAP, Oracle or a comparable ERP inventory management tool with Transportation Management systems knowledge preferred.
- Experience with Inventory and Manufacturing modules with projectized data.
$94,650.00 - $156,050.00 / annually
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.