System/Network Administrator - Active Secret Clearance Required
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
Keeping our systems, technology, and employees safe is a key priority for Viasat. As a Systems Security Engineer for classified systems, you will focus on providing technical support for Viasat’s Corporate Information Assurance Manager (IAM).
Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems; be responsible for IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems; provide technical and user support for several stand-alone, LAN and WAN systems; maintain records of HW/SW revisions, perform various configuration management activities, virus updates, perform account management, etc., ensuring all actions are documented as required; participate in contamination network cleanup activities related to possible computer security violations/incidents; respond to queries and requests for computer security information and reports; may provide work leadership for lower level employees; support various levels of activities for Viasat remote cleared facilities.; and deal courteously and effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ year of experience administering and securing Windows Server (WIN 10/11, Win Server 2016/19/22); Linux (e.g., Red Hat, Ubuntu); Active Directory; logging and monitoring, file systems, group policy, backup management, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- 4+ years in a DoD, or other industrial security program and overall understanding of DoD Risk Manage Framework (RMF) process
- 4+ years of experience with the design, implementation, and administration of VMWare solutions
- Experience managing NetApp or other centralized storage solutions
- Experience using automation and orchestration tools to manage configurations, push updates, and deploy resources
- Strong skill in research, critical thinking, and analytical reasoning to address troubleshooting and develop recommendations for continual improvement
- Excellent written and strong interpersonal skills to deal courteously and effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- DoD 8140.01 Certification (or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire)
- Active Secret Security Clearance
What will help you on the job
- 2+ years of experience in managing Routers and Switches (CISCO certifications a plus)
- 2+ years of experience in managing Microsoft Exchange Server
- Experience working with vulnerability and compliance scanning tools. (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS)
- Experience administering SIPRNet
$100,400.00 - $154,500.00 / annually
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.