Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer that is passionate about the quality of work they produce as well as embarking into new technologies. You could be working on a Python service executed via cronjob one day and then moving into micro-services the next. CI/CD plays a large part in what we deliver and constantly pushing that envelope for a faster pipeline with strong/consistent results is always enjoyable. Mentoring Junior Engineers alongside with bringing new ideas to the table, contributing to the overall software design and architecture will be constant. Taking a project from Inception to Deployment makes it all worthwhile.
Aside from actual Software Development portion of writing, testing, documenting, debugging code, (which makes up most of the time), there are other items that each of us do regularly.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Participating in Code Reviews
- Mentoring other Team members
- Design and Design Review of new projects
- CI/CD pipeline enhancements
- Writing Tests as well as Testing out features
- Documentation - User and Developer
- Build and Optimize Docker Images
- Open and honest Team Collaboration
- Participate in Ticket Grooming for Backlog Prioritization
- Work across multiple teams to achieve a finished product
What you'll need
- 5+ years Professional Experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience in development RESTful services
- Working knowledge of Relational Database Technologies (eg; MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Ability to work autonomously with a remote team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related experience.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- US Citizenship Required.
What will help you on the job
- A passion for learning new technologies as well as the mindset to conduct a viable analysis with current technologies
- Desire to work on items that have a direct impact on the company
- Experience working with AWS
- CI/CD experience with container first focus (eg; GitHub Actions, GitLab, Travis, CircleCI)
- Working knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to think like DevOps for automated deployments
- Experience working with Angular (TypeScript) and CSS
- Interest/Experience in Performance Tuning SQL queries/databases
$160,850.00 - $261,150.00 / annually
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.