Senior Project Analyst
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
We are looking for a senior project analyst to aid our product development managers on their management routines. As part of your job duties, you research data and gather information from the field. You need analytical skills and experience to produce reports and statistical data to determine the viability of a project and to track its progress over time. We rely on project analysts to confirm potential project ideas are aligned with company goals and financial objectives. As a Senior Project Analyst in the product development team, you will help us to implement novel software products with high impact on industry on the long term.
- Assist with development and tracking of project management processes (including definition, planning, education, risk management, project control, and change management) to ensure that activities are executed according to agreed upon governance.
- Help communicate policies and messages to program teams and upper management
- Aid in developing project communications, including but not limited to PowerPoint decks, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and MS Project schedules
- Continuously analyzes data and makes suggestions to implement or improve initiatives, processes,
- Document new or revised procedures or workflows.
- Produces recommendations with key users to specify improvements to existing automated business processes and systems.
Support program leadership and sponsors as they work to achieve project goals
What you'll need
- Bachelor's in one of the fields: Business, Finance, Engineering, Accounting, Education, Computer Science, Business/Administration, MBA, Technical, Project Management.
- 5+ years of experience with project management, ideally in the area of software development.
- Basic knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Basic knowledge of management tools: Jira, Excel, Microsoft Project, Gitlab, Microsoft Access.
- Minimum English level: intermediate.
What will help you on the job
- Interpersonal relationship
- Customer focus
- Decision making
- Strategic vision