Systems Engineer, Sustaining and Test
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
Design, production, testing and engineering Tactical Gateway Products
- Hardware design verification testing and troubleshooting
- Requirements definition, documentation and testing verification
What you'll need
- Minimum education: BA/BS in Computer/Electrical/Systems/Robotics Engineering or related discipline
- Years of experience: 3+ years
- Experience with requirements definition, documentation and testing verification methodology.
- Significant experience with hardware design verification testing and troubleshooting using oscilloscopes, signal generators, logic analyzers, power supplies, multimeters, etc.
- Familiar with RF test equipment such as spectrum analyzers and signal generators
- Significant experience using Oracle Agile software.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio software.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA software.
- Experience with CM, issue tracking, and development tools such as Git, Perforce and JIRA
- Experience with C, C++, Python, and Windows/Linux scripts
- Knowledgeable with the Windows and Linux operating systems and programming on both platforms.
- Able to understand and interpret circuit board wiring schematics
- Soldering and electrical wiring Experience
- Experience in designing and documenting cables and wiring harnesses
- US government position. US citizenship required
- Active Secret Clearance or able to obtain one
- In-office position
- Ability to travel up to 10%
What will help you on the job
- Learning Agility
- Customer Centric
- Team Oriented
$109,650.00 - $181,700.00 / annually
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.