Financial Accountant - Europe
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
We seek a Financial Accountant as part of our European Accounting operations to join our Company in a full-time and permanent contract position. The role offers flexibility to work both from home and the office.
As a Financial Accountant, key responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Support US GAAP monthly close process for several international entities, including closing GL modules, performing variance analysis, creating month-end journal entries, coordinating with Corporate Accounting teams on intercompany transactions, transfer pricing, and FX revaluations
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and ensure timely resolution of reconciling items
- Coordinating and communicating with the International subsidiaries' Accounting/Finance teams and outside service providers to ensure the timely completion of the month and quarter-end processes
- Assisting in new accounting system implementation & processes as Viasat continues its international growth
- Coordinate with AP/AR accountants to keep all invoicing and customer billings current. In addition, assisting in the follow-up of payments and receipts of invoices as needed
- Assisting with the documentation and adherence to policies and procedures and SOX compliance
- Own statutory audits and support tax teams' various obligations
- Collaborating with the statutory reporting team for timely completion and filings with regulators
What you'll need
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks with minimal guidance independently
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exhibits a strong business acumen; diligent, highly accurate, and pays close attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure and manage tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- Proven track record of successful teamwork
- Displays natural curiosity and a willingness to challenge conventional thinking
- Drive operational and process improvements
- Professional accounting qualification (CA/ACCA/CPA)
- Minimum two years of post-qualification experience
- Good understanding of US GAAP, IFRS/Local GAAP accounting principles
- Ability to build relationships with others within and outside the accounting team
- Experience in accounting ERP systems (Oracle or SAP)
- Strong communication skills that enable clear communication to all levels of management
What will help you on the job
Preferences (Highly desired but not essential)
- Public accounting experience, ideally in the Big Four environment
- Experience with International subsidiaries and foreign currencies
- Familiarity with Blackline is advantageous
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.