Field Service Engineer
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
As a Satellite Ground Station Field Service Engineer with Viasat, you will join a team of experienced individuals to support growth in the Technical Services organization in our Antenna Systems Division in Duluth, GA. This position is a result of our strong business growth and pioneering of high bandwidth SATCOM solutions for commercial, government and military applications!
You will be responsible for providing technical support for our SATCOM earth station customers around the world. Your excellent people skills will come into play as you interface directly with the customer, while your ability to work independently to identify the root cause of problems and implement solutions enable customers to operate their system with minimal down time. You will also coordinate with the engineering team at our headquarters for the prompt resolution of any issues encountered to support customer requirements.
What you'll need
- 5+ years of related field experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading to technical resolution when performing emergency restoral actions on ground station equipment, including: ACUs, up converters, down converters, HPA’s, fiber optic subsystems, LNA/LNB’s, antennas, Baseband and IP equipment (modems, multiplexers, DVB, Broadband platforms)
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting LAN and other IP equipment on customer sites
- Demonstrated experience providing remote technical assistance and working independently to quickly identify the problem and devising a temporary and/or long-term solutions
- Self-motivated with the internal drive and motivation to begin and continue tasks without external stimulus.
- Capable of quickly adapting to new and dynamic situations
- Ability to handle working long hours in stressful work environments until the successful resolution of customer issues
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, EXCEL
- US government position. US citizenship required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Willing to be on-call after hours up to 30%
- Ability to travel up to 50%, including international travel
- Current US passport or ability to obtain a passport within six months of start date
- Willing to comply with vaccination requirements established by government entities for the purpose of travel
- Ability to pass skills testing for grip and static strength, dynamic lifting and work/positional tolerances
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climbing and working on ladders/Platforms 30-40 feet, work in small spaces, work outdoors in various climates
What will help you on the job
- 1+ years of experience with Viasat specific products (3880 ACU, AC4100, VTR-4100, VHR-600, VHR-1200)
- The ideal candidate will have previous military or DoD support experience in the field of satellite communications, radar service and repair, or RF communications
- Education, training, and experience to understand the principles of operation of satellite communication systems
- Direct experience repairing and installing satellite earth stations
- Advanced analytical skills to troubleshoot problems to the root cause and to implement short- and long-term solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and to communicate effectively directly with customers.
- Experience working in Sales Force, ServiceNow or other Ticketing and Workflow tools.
- Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
$75,550.00 - $124,600.00 / annually
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.