Service Program Manager
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
In this role, you will enhance communication all around the globe…, our customers range from Commercial to Government, making us complex, yet flexible in meeting the world’s communication needs. Viasat is looking for a creative, bright, and innovative Program Manager to work at the forefront of what makes us successful. This is a unique opportunity to work with our talented engineers developing and supporting technology programs!
We are seeking a Program Manager to lead exciting service programs for commercial space and military applications! In this role you will direct the sustainment phase of programs from inception through completion. The successful candidate will have experience working with a variety of engineering teams (system architects, electrical design, RF microwave, mechanical, engineering analysis, special test equipment, integration and test), managing schedules and performance risk, meeting commitments and anticipating and circumventing problems. In addition, you will be developing customer relationships and working effectively with functional areas within the company. You will be leading, directing and motivating cross-discipline teams across multiple organizations and geographic sites.
What you'll need
- 5+ years of relatable experience
- Experience monitoring and managing program level milestones, risks, issues and decisions
- Extensive problem-solving skills, and ability to drive resolutions to a close
- Organization skills to manage multiple facets of a large-scale project and track progress for several programs simultaneously
- Experience managing program communications internally to teams and externally to customers
- Experience monitoring and managing requests for engineering support from a field service team
- Excellent client-facing (customer engagement) skills
- Experience being involved with the management of suppliers from initial planning and selection through sustaining
- Experience working with subcontractors as an integral part of deliverables
- Vendor management of complex issues covering manufacturing, planning and relationship shortfalls affecting quality, cost and schedule
- Strong technical team leadership experience
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Bachelor's degree in a related Engineering field or equivalent experience
- Experience or interest working on both government and commercial programs
- US government position. US Citizenship Required
- Travel up to 25%
What will help you on the job
- Satellite subsystem experience
- Understanding of engineering activities and planning to optimize manufacturing process, manufacturability and reliability
- Managing technical team to ensure team performance is consistent with the plan and agreed scope of the project
- Developing program plans, schedules and budgets across multiple sites and stakeholder
- Ability to obtain a U.S. security clearance
$92,500.00 - $152,600.00 / annually
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness at careers.viasat.com/LifeAtViasat/Benefits.