One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
What you'll do
The Real-time Operation Center Supervisor is the owner of the process and infrastructure for the data collection at the rig sites, and controls the accurate aggregation, transmission, storage and delivery of data to the users. You will be responsible to meet the expectations and contract requirements with our customers. You will also lead the teams of Data Analysts and Optimization Engineers.
- We believe it is important to give you an idea that is as accurate as possible of what you can expect in your role. Some of the tasks are mentioned here but as we believe in Exploring and Evolving, there are always new opportunities as part of the Viasat team!
- Surveying, identifying and procuring the needed material, and deploying the network physical infrastructure within the rig site for connecting the different service providers with the RSDH (Rig Site Data Aggregation Hub), in line with requirements.
- Coordination with IT, Security and Network teams to ensure the needs and requirements are covered and implemented in a timely manner to allow the successful data flow from the Rigs to the end users.
- Provision of the required specifications and configurations needed for the IT hardware, architecture and environments [required for the processes and applications used, included, but not limited to the major service platforms.]
- Be responsible for the identification, collection, capture and communication in real-time of any process deviation or deficiencies within the processes or during the introduction of changes in the processes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on the functionalities and rationale of the different data exchange standards (i.e. WITS0, WITSML) as well as the different support applications used for data collection, aggregation, storage, and visualization.
- Aware of the interrelations between the service platform as well as the various types of users, within the realm of the company's internal IT infrastructure and with full understanding of the organization's partners and their respective roles within the architecture of the services.
- Be responsible for revising and reviewing issue tickets in order to identify major contributors and aspects within the Data Analyst chain to address specific service providers and processes to improve the service delivery.
- Maintain and update “Standard Operating Procedure for Field and Onsite Support” document to provide updated references for Data Analyst and Optimization Engineer.
- Deployment and testing of various application releases within The Company test server.
- Responsible to gather and explain the list of requirements, improvements or fixes and their criticality to the engineering team, for application releases in production environment.
- Design and deliver user application training, while looking for possible improvements in the overall service delivery process.
- Forecast the team workload by preparing the schedule to ensure accurate service coverage.
- Collaborating closely with all internal and external partners to evolve the processes.
- Coordinate the right access level assignment for the different users of the company.
What you'll need
- +8 years demonstrable experience in similar roles.
- Detailed knowledge of the contractor software / application.
- Available to work on shifts.
- Previous experience in mudlogging or M/LWD or directional drilling.
- Experienced in Well Operations in all its different aspects, in particular on the different sources of High Frequency data implemented at the rig-site, including Rig Instrumentation, Mud Logging, Cementing, M/LWD and other applicable service providers.
What will help you on the job
We are looking for an experienced RTOC Supervisor, looking to support the deployment of sophisticated technologies for our clients, through acute decision making and customer centricity. Additionally, the supervisor is looking to apply their leadership skills to build a safe environment for their team.
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic. If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.