Come for the culture, grow your career, and enjoy the journey
When you join PROS, you’re joining a community of people who genuinely care – about their work, communities, customers, and each other. We empower our teams to be their best from anywhere, and trust that wherever you are, you’re going to bring your best self and do your best work.
We take care of our people so you can focus on our customers, business priorities and the important things outside of work. We prioritize flexibility and wellbeing to help our people:
- Rest: Quarterly Recharge Days, company-wide mental health holidays to unplug
- Reset: Work Well Wednesdays, a ‘quiet’ day to help prioritize focused work with minimal distractions
- Recharge: Trusted Time Off (US) so you can plan for the time you need when you need it
- Reap rewards: Competitive benefits and compensation packages, including paid maternity and paternity leave, adoption and IVF benefits, baby bucks, 401(k) match, pet insurance and more
- Reach your full potential: Leadership training, dedicated people leader programs and resources, Learn and Connect cultural series, active Employee Resource Groups
We celebrate and embrace different views and ideas, and all play a role in fostering an inclusive environment that encourages and protects diversity of thought. Our inclusive culture is one of the reasons we’re a Great Place to Work.
Our customers tell us over and over that they ultimately choose PROS because of our people. They love our solutions, but at the end of the day, they don’t choose our technology—they choose us, and that is the ultimate compliment.
We invite you to join our team and grow your career at PROS! Help us shape the future of how companies compete and win in their markets!
A Day in the Life of the Pre-Sales Architect: About the role:
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Consulting, the Pre-Sales Architect provides technical sales support for prospects across all geographic regions PROS serves. The PSA team partners with Executive Account Managers and Strategic Consultants to help PROS prospects understand the technical side of delivering SaaS based solutions, including support, security, and integration with various systems. Additionally, the PSA team is the liaison between sales and various technical teams within PROS.
- Serve as technical advisor to the PROS sales team for all sales campaigns
- Lead technical discussions with prospect’s IT staff
- Deliver tailored presentations covering SaaS, integration, security, and support topics
- Complete technical and security questionnaires
- Keep abreast of technical topics which affect sales engagements, both internally to PROS and within the broader IT landscape
Required Qualifications - About you:
We are looking for candidates who possess the rare combination of the following achievements, skills and behaviors:
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in software engineering, pre-sales engineering, professional services, or technical consulting
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in translating technical information to the level of an audience
- Skilled in clearly communicating complex technical topics verbally and in writing
- Business Acumen
- Experience with enterprise software sales and sales methodologies
- Familiarity with SOC2, ISO 27001, GDPR, and other compliance standards
- Familiarity with enterprise software contracts
- Manage multiple simultaneous sales engagements
- Adapt quickly to dynamic sales conditions
- Strong desire to learn
- Share acquired information, skills, and experience with the team
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (e.g. virtualization)
- Familiarity with integration technologies (e.g. ETL)
- Familiarity with web services (e.g. REST or SOAP)
- Familiarity with operating systems and databases (e.g. Linux and SQL Server)
- Familiarity with various ERP and CRM systems (e.g. SAP and SFDC)
- Familiarity with SLAs
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline
- May be remote
- Up to 20% travel
Skills & Personal Characteristics:
About our hybrid workplace
Most work activities are performed in a home office or office environment and require little to moderate physical exertion. Work activities may require periods of extended hours, critical deadlines, and complex situations. To successfully complete the tasks of this position, individuals must be able to communicate clearly (in writing and verbally), comprehend business terminology and interpret data.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this position. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
PROS culture and the truly extraordinary people who work here are at the very core of our success. We have a passion for what we do, and we won’t stop until we’ve delivered on our promises. We’re committed to the success of our customers. That’s why we think harder and dream bigger – so our customers can go even further than they ever imagined possible.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that has 30+ years of proven success with a long runway of more success.
Our people make PROS stand out from the rest. If you want to be a part of something truly extraordinary, come help us shape the future of how companies compete and win in their markets.
Most work activities are performed in an office or home-office environment and require little to moderate physical exertion. Work activities may require periods of extended hours, critical deadlines and stressful situations. To successfully complete the tasks of this position, individuals must be able to communicate clearly (in writing and orally), comprehend business terminology, interpret numerical data.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.