Sales Development Representative
Are you looking to grow your sales career in the tech industry? PROS is growing rapidly and is seeking highly motivated, high energy team players to join our team of Sales Development Representatives (SDRs). The SDR role is one of the most sought out entry points into sales in the exciting world of tech.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to connect with business leaders from some of the world’s largest brands across over 30 industries. Some of the industries we serve include Airline & Travel, Industrial Manufacturing and Distribution, Services, Food & Consumables, Energy & Chemicals, Insurance, Medical Devices & Healthcare, Automotive, Consumer Goods, Transportation & Logistics and Technology.
SDRs are on the front lines of our sales process and are responsible for engaging in meaningful conversations with potential customers who will benefit from our SaaS solutions. As the first line of communication with prospects, ideal SDRs have a strong understanding of the sales process, excel at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our Executive Account Managers (EAMs) up for success. You should be a quick learner with strong communication skills and have the ability to do discovery and qualify sales opportunities through discussing challenges and initiatives while matching those to our solutions in a compelling way. Reporting to the Director of our Inside Sales team, the Sales Development Representative (SDR) will work closely with EAMs by discovering, nurturing, and managing early-mid stage funnel and the development of key influencer relationships who make up the buying group at a target account. They will work on inbound marketing inquiries and outbound target accounts to nurture and develop leads to high pipeline sales opportunities that are ready for active sales executive involvement. The SDR team is uniquely positioned within the Marketing department at the intersection between Marketing and Sales. There are multiple career paths for this role within PROS with a direct path into Field Sales as well as paths to Marketing, Professional Services, Customer Success, and others.
PROS has an amazing culture, built on growth, collaboration and respect. If you like to have fun with your colleagues while achieving success, you’ll love the friendly social culture at PROS. Did we mention that we have our own band, The Profit?
Objectives of this Role:
- Represent our software solutions, starting with a comprehensive understanding and leading to discovery and discussions/presentations with prospective customers to identify how our solutions meet their needs
- Nurture relationships within the buying group at target accounts and generate sales opportunities (Buying group personas: CXOs, P&L Owners, Sales Leaders, Pricing Leaders, Finance Leaders, Digital/ Ecommerce Leaders, IT Leaders)
- Nurture and qualify low opportunities to high pipeline sales stages for Executive Account Manager handoff
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects and engage sales executives for next steps
- Identify best practices and provide feedback to refine the company’s lead targeting and approach
- Target accounts with revenues $250 million and up
A Day in the Life of the Sales Development Representative:
As the introductory face of PROS, we’ll rely on you to provide the energy and personality to build our brand and gain the trust of prospective customers. You’ll be responsible for:
- Building and sustaining relationships with the different personas across our buying group through phone, Zoom, email and social channels
- Generating opportunities and nurturing accounts through a clearly defined discovery and qualification process
- Qualifying inbound leads coming from a variety of marketing activities and conducting outbound activity to our target accounts
- Growing your product and industry knowledge for personal and professional growth
- Leveraging our sales technology and marketing tools for personalized and tailored outreach to generate new sales opportunities (Salesforce, Salesloft, Zoominfo, DemandBase, Seismic)
- Identify prospect's needs, challenges and initiatives and suggest appropriate software solutions
- Build trusting relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Progress low pipeline opportunities to high pipe sales stage
- Set up meetings or calls between prospects and sales executives
- Attend regional events and tradeshows
Required Qualifications - About you:
We are looking for candidates who possess the rare combination of the following achievements, skills, and behaviors:
- You have an interest in AI and machine learning technology
- You have proven experience. You have experience working in a similar role for an enterprise corporation selling business-critical applications, SaaS experience is a plus. 2 or more years preferred
- You're bright and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and sales technology including Salesforce.com
- You have a growth mindset. You are looking to grow in your career. You’ve already proven your sales expertise in B2B sales/lead and opportunity nurturing helping to drive sales for other SaaS-based technology solution providers.
- You’re accountable. You’ve consistently met or exceeded your quota, remain hungry and excited about being successful in your career
- You’re street smart. You’re the definition of a self-starter and a problem-solver. Self-starter with experience in cold calling, building a pipeline, and executive client relationship building
- You’re resourceful, innovative and ruthlessly pragmatic
- Industry knowledge and/or experience in our target industries (Airline & Travel, Manufacturing, Distribution, Services, Food & Consumables, Energy & Chemicals, Insurance, Medical Devices & Healthcare, Automotive, Consumer Goods, Transportation & Logistics)
- You’re an open book. You communicate crisply. You go out of your way to be transparent in your actions and your words. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Stellar presentation skills
- You are a storyteller! You love prospecting large accounts and are talented to deliver crisply a value proposition to catch senior executives’ attention
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- You are energetic! You are competitive and love working in exciting high energy team environments
- You motivate everyone around you
Skills & Personal Characteristics:
PROS culture and the truly extraordinary people who work here are at the very core of our success. We have a passion for what we do, and we won’t stop until we’ve delivered on our promises. We’re committed to the success of our customers. That’s why we think harder and dream bigger – so our customers can go even further than they ever imagined possible.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that has 30+ years of proven success with a long runway of more success.
Our people make PROS stand out from the rest. If you want to be a part of something truly extraordinary, come help us shape the future of how companies compete and win in their markets.
Most work activities are performed in an office or home-office environment and require little to moderate physical exertion. Work activities may require periods of extended hours, critical deadlines and stressful situations. To successfully complete the tasks of this position, individuals must be able to communicate clearly (in writing and orally), comprehend business terminology, interpret numerical data.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.