Senior Security Engineer, Infrastructure
Who We Are
Nuro exists to better everyday life through robotics. The company’s custom electric autonomous vehicles are designed to bring the things you need—from produce to prescriptions—right to your home. Nuro’s autonomous, goods-focused solution can give you valuable time back and more freedom to do what you love. This convenient, eco-friendly alternative to driving has the potential to make streets safer and cities more livable.
About the Role
As an Infrastructure Security Engineer you will increase the security of Nuro’s core infrastructure used to develop and operate our autonomous delivery service. You will need to leverage your technical and skills to create cross-functional strategic outcomes for Nuro. You will need to use good engineering judgment when evaluating and fixing both real and theoretical vulnerabilities. You work closely with development teams and can build systems. Your work contributes directly to the safety and security of the people in the communities we operate in. You’re a collaborative thinker with an ownership mindset, and thrive in fast-paced and collaborative environments. As a member of Nuro’s Security team, you will work on projects that impact all areas of security, from offensive testing to detection and response.
About the Work
- Assess and secure Nuro and protect user data.
- Evaluate and verify engineering teams vulnerability remediations (PR review or other evaluations)
- Design and build security tooling and infrastructure for use Nuro’s engineers
- Design and implement core security infrastructure like authentication and authorization systems, pipelines and automation for security incident detection and response, PKI, and others
- Expert in one or more core domains: Securely using a public cloud, securing corporate networks and endpoints, or application security
- Software development skills, preferably in Python, Go, or C++
- You have start-up DNA: You have demonstrated an ability to thrive in the ambiguity of a dynamic, start-up environment or have the DNA to do so
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts and risks clearly and persuasively in a highly eng-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to exploit vulnerabilities, e.g. Winning or placing in Capture the Flags, 0-Days/CVEs, or conference talks on security research.
- Experience with:
- Reverse Engineering software using IDA Pro, Ghidra, Radare, Frida, or other tools
- Software or hardware development
- Developing Systems Engineering requirements and verification statements
- Attacking embedded, real time, safety, or flight critical systems
- CAN, Automotive ethernet, or other vehicle busses
- Physical security assessments
- Automotive systems, especially autonomous vehicles
- Building, evaluating, designing, and shipping hardware products
- Scaling Kubernetes and/or Google Cloud security best practices
At Nuro, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For this position, the reasonably expected base pay range is between $167,200 and $250,800 for the level at which this job has been scoped. Your base pay will depend on several factors, including your experience, qualifications, education, location, and skills. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for an annual performance bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package.
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date. Nuro will consider and review accommodation requests based on medical, religious, or other grounds as required by applicable law for qualified candidates.