Senior Software Engineer, Perception Platform
Who We Are
Nuro exists to better everyday life through robotics. The company’s custom electric autonomous vehicles are designed to bring the things you need—from produce to prescriptions—right to your home. Nuro’s autonomous, goods-focused solution can give you valuable time back and more freedom to do what you love. This convenient, eco-friendly alternative to driving has the potential to make streets safer and cities more livable.
Our software organization is growing and we are looking for talented engineers to join our perception team. You will be working on challenging problems in the design and implementation of our Perception system as a whole alongside a world-class team with a shared passion for advancing robotics to improve the human experience.
- Develop and maintain a platform and ML libraries that enable a fast research to production lifecycle, including tools to support model evaluation/validation, model debugging, and model optimization.
- Build ML evaluation systems that analyze and track ML performance
- Understand and improve the distribution of datasets, build tools for data discovery, data analysis and data quality improvement.
- Work fast and smart, and collaborate well with ML engineers
- Experience in at least one of the 3 areas below:
- Experience working with productionizing ML models and the infrastructure supporting model development (data, large scale training, eval, etc)
- Experience in data analysis, interpreting, manipulating, and visualizing data
- Experience writing software for complex systems, API designs, distributed system or full-stack software development
- Familiar with perception/ml basics or an interest in understanding the challenges of Perception ML consumers
- Proficiency in C++ or Python
- Bonus: stay up-to-date with the latest data-driven approaches, and be able to apply them to the autonomous driving problem
- Bonus: experience with ML (especially with TensorFlow) modeling and infrastructure
- Bonus: experience working on autonomous robot systems
- You have obtained a PhD or MS
- You have a knack and real passion for searching and solving hard problems
- You are passionate about accelerating the benefits of robotics for everyday life
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse workplace that fosters inclusion and psychological safety for all employees. Nuro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of workplace discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
At Nuro, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $167,200.00 and $250,800.00/year for the level at which this job has been scoped. Your base pay will depend on several factors, including your experience, qualifications, education, location, and skills. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for an annual performance bonus, equity, and a competitive benefits package.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date. Nuro will consider and review accommodation requests based on medical, religious, or other grounds as required by applicable law for qualified candidates.
Something looks off?